When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Move over Akira and Ronin

cjjoyce1

Yup the crown is gen - crimps and all. But not sure of the crystal's pedigree, the bevel is not right. It was installed on the caseset when I got it. The caseset is gen 1.9 mil serial.

The dial is from Sheartime. To my eyes it looks like a Mark 1, long E dial.

The movement is a DG3804.

Other than it sucks? O.K. in fairness a VERY gracious member across the forums gave it to me. I wanted a silver date wheel. I tried one, but the printing just wasn't there for me. Angus sells the ones in his latest vintage offerings (which are pretty good) but 30 bucks - which when you are spending these kind of bucks should be a drop in the bucket, but hey, the damn MOVEMENT didn't cost that much!! Then I got this one. Flat top 3's and open 6 and 9's. Looks good. But the printing is off center. The 20's get reeeeaally close to the inside edge of the overlay. So much so that around the 27th the 2 is touching the edge of the window. But to get it a bit better, it has to be offset a bit. So the single digits and high teens don't ride center. If it's perfectly center in the window, the date does this little migration toward and away from the left edge with the mid teen's being absolutely perfect.

It's the weak link in the build and I'm still on the hunt for one, but I couldn't wait to get this baby together and on my wrist.

All in all very nice

Were did you get the US Rivet bracelet from? Gen?

Thanks! And yes, Gen C&I rivet. I bought it a while back for my 5512. I've got a gen jubilee on my franken Datejust I can change things up with too.

Didn't your 3804 contain this DW?

No. No it did not. :( I got three of these from Ofrei. One for this, one for my SMP GMT, and a spare. And they all had the standard ol' datewheel. Yours looks like an overlay too, as you can't see the teeth, and I'm curious what that little tab between 16 and 17 is. In the second pic, there appears to be another clip or somethingorother opposite it under the 1. IIRC, didn't you say your 3804 came from rafflestime?