When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Friend request

PeteM

I was wondering if you guys had experience of brand new members requesting to be your friend on RWG..

I had a few in the past... a good while back...

I had one yesterday.... from a new member with no posts... no nothing

I checked his profile and a couple of senior members were showing as his friend.... I guess because they hadnt selected the option to aprove friend requests..?

I aint got a problem with guys doing that at all..... I aint got many friends in real life so the more I have on here the more liked I feel ;):)

Seriously though....

I wonder is this

1) A sad guy like me wanting to be loved :)

2) Someone looking to scam other members.... by building a profile with known members he might make potential buyers think he is legit...

3) A banned member who I know, re-entering through the back door :);)

or something else?

I know if it were 3) I would know before hand though :)

I have sent this guy a polite message... not had a reply yet though..

Any one with similar experiences or knowledge.... that would care to share :)

I had one a couple months ago, and after a few days I pm'd him to ask why he did that. I never got an answer to my question, but he seemed like a nice guy.

He said he was going to start posting and get involved..but he never posted in the forums at all.. and then he disappeared after a couple weeks. Sure made me curious..like you are :)

I wonder is this

3) A banned member who I know, re-entering through the back door :);)

Did he offer to kiss you first? I usually like someone to give me a kiss before they enter my back door... :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CYl9nNIoz8o

Subbie..... my back door is always open... though it gets jammed sometimes... so I find a bit of oil helps... also get rid of the squeak :)

Plus I always find a kiss makes me want to ask their name ;)

Pete,

I used to get friend requests all the time from people I didn't know (and usually with 0 - 2 posts under their belt). I finally enabled the manual approval filter on my profile to at least allow me to review these things prior to being added to my list.

I've always wondered what the motivation is to do such a thing... But #2 is what I've always suspected. Call me a cynic...

I just ban everyone that asks to be my friend. Simple solution. :tu:

But difference is.... your the man that can :)

TBF... The guy sent a reply to my PM and said he had seen my FS posts and hoped we could do business in the future....

:)

Guest zeleni kukuruz

I dont have to worry about such things Pete...no one wants to be my friend. :(

That being said....I prefer flowers...got to watch my sugar.

Mike

Now thats NOT true!!!

I will walk throu fire and climb the highest mountain for you, you are my best friend maxman :D

Now thats NOT true!!!

I will walk throu fire and climb the highest mountain for you, you are my best friend maxman :D

Get a room!

Or go camping in the mountains wearing your cowboy gear ...

Guest zeleni kukuruz

Get a room!

Or go camping in the mountains wearing your cowboy gear ...

Aaaa we have a broke back man in the house :D

No pet, i drive my car on the right side, no lefty here m8 :D

This made me think of a strange thing (or rather, suspicious) has been happening with with my latest sale. I've gotten half a dozen PM's from members with zero posts making offers on my watches. At the first one i wasn't surprised, but after the 5th or sixth, I wonder if its a scammer or TPTB...

This is happening across two forums - here and RWI

Aaaa we have a broke back man in the house :D

No pet, i drive my car on the right side, no lefty here m8 :D

LOL..... This from a guy that not only knows what I am talking about... but unlike me knew the name of the film...

I guess you must have the poster over your bed..... I suppose it gives you something to 'look at' when you are doing the cowboy !

I hope your enjoying the popcorn N :)

This made me think of a strange thing (or rather, suspicious) has been happening with with my latest sale. I've gotten half a dozen PM's from members with zero posts making offers on my watches. At the first one i wasn't surprised, but after the 5th or sixth, I wonder if its a scammer or TPTB...

This is happening across two forums - here and RWI

Not happened to me but i have heard of this sort of thing going back a while.... not sure if its led anywhere negative with anyone here?

Guest zeleni kukuruz

LOL..... This from a guy that not only knows what I am talking about... but unlike me knew the name of the film...

I guess you must have the poster over your bed..... I suppose it gives you something to 'look at' when you are doing the cowboy !

I hope your enjoying the popcorn N :)

Hehehehehehe you wish man...

Noop, caves aint for me!

But now when you came out in the open pet, your avatar is a bit gay :D

I assume the reference to caves is something in the film.... so how many times have you seen it now....?

As for the Avatar.... maybe.... but rather a poof than a bunch of pikeys.... ;)

Guest zeleni kukuruz

I assume the reference to caves is something in the film.... so how many times have you seen it now....?

Hahahahahahahaha c'mon petiiii...

:D

m8, just dont start to cry...

At least these pikee's aint guy :D

Aint nothing wrong to be a poof, but at least dont lie to yourself :D

As for the Avatar.... maybe.... but rather a poof than a bunch of pikeys.... ;)