When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

help for buy omega planet ocean!

Guest tolis

Sums us up pretty much. Anal OCD insomniac. Yep, that's me alright. :)

Yep my name is cougar1 and I'm suffering with this affliction for so long I've lost my eyesight from looking

at lume all day and through loupes at night :D

I just hope I can get my questions to BK answered and his modded DSSD bought before I am banned!

LoL, you are not going to get banned! :)

....... Are they going to spot it as a REP right away, or not. If not, I am going to keep pushing so they have to inspect it closer. What replication level is this watch really?

....My sister in law was not impressed with it passing this jewelers test, so I have to go into a Rolex dealer and do it, for her to officially think the watch isn't junk.

Now, that should give you an idea of the overall quality of the watch. I want to do this again with a high end jeweler in town, and see what they have to say about it. I am a little surprised, but also more than a little pumped up about the whole thing......

Nobody care's about taking the watch to a watchsmith, you are free to do as you like, there are no rules! It's just that judging by the comments above it seems you won't be satisfied until you get continuous validation of the watch from those seemingly 'better' qualified to validate.

Tbh, the best thing to do now to get it off your chest, is to walk right into an Omega AD or boutique and saunter up to the counter, flick the watch off the wrist and place it on the counter, all while asking if you can try on the new PO.....I bet they won't even notice it's a rep, they will glance at the watch on the counter from 4 feet away to see what 'calibre' of customer you are. i.e. (if you are a serious potential sale) once they see the familiar characteristics of the PO you've just taken off (the bezel, the markers) they will see that you are a former omega customer and 9 times out of 10 pay no more attention to the rep. I don't really see what the gain is out of doing it though.

The reason why the average local watchsmith does have a nice look at it, is because they spend all day replacing batteries and adjusting bracelets on the $200 crap that 99% of the public wear, when they do see a nice $4000+ watch come in to the shop they like to have a nice gander at what they just worked on.

...and we are still waiting for vandal's PO to be reviewed...

Seriously, though, I love this thread. It has everything I like about RWG, useful info, some laughs, an occasional bashing, and great discussions. Plus it the fist time I see the whole proccess in one place: from decision to purchase to customs to receiving.

This thread is what made me buy my PO and meet some pretty cool people along the way.

• Like 1

Ok Wetwork- douche

I think your an ungrateful piece of crap. This board is not here? You don't get the photos you don't get a reliable dealer. And why does the board ask you in exchange? Just don't be a tool, walk into a AD and show off your fucing fake watch.

Not "telling you what to do". The board is: so if you don't like the terms of which you have received a great informational benefit. Then take your ungrateful ass and head over to rep geek, their standard aren't as high.

My guess is your a kid. You have no perspective on what it takes in life to do anything. And the "your not the boss of me" argument fits. It's douches like you that cause problems for all of us. I hope you do get banned. You are going to be that guy who causes issues with member trades, I'll just put some $$ down on that for sure.

For me, you will get "ignored" so I won't have to have to read your useless crap.

• Like 1

They finally arrived!

I'll take some proper pictures later. Right now I'm headed out the Rolex dealer. (Just joking!! Going to buy a new ottoman and see a movie)

Sweet! I can't wait to see the pics and read your take on the DSSD. I knew you were getting that one, but I didn't know you got a PAM too. I was looking at one of those myself. Very happy & relieved you finally got your watches man. Now you can wear one on each wrist!

Thanks a lot guys. I am so excited to finally have them. They are both awesome. I'm going to take some time tomorrow with my daughter's camera (yes, she has a nicer one than I do) and write up a really good review.

The DSSD is a seriously nice rep and I love it. But the PAM 177 is unbelievable. I am so much more impressed with it than I thought I'd be. I can't wait to get some photos for you guys. Hopefully tomorrow.

Once my PO gets back, it'll be glorious!

Ok Wetwork- douche

I think your an ungrateful piece of crap. This board is not here? You don't get the photos you don't get a reliable dealer. And why does the board ask you in exchange? Just don't be a tool, walk into a AD and show off your fucing fake watch.

Not "telling you what to do". The board is: so if you don't like the terms of which you have received a great informational benefit. Then take your ungrateful ass and head over to rep geek, their standard aren't as high.

My guess is your a kid. You have no perspective on what it takes in life to do anything. And the "your not the boss of me" argument fits. It's douches like you that cause problems for all of us. I hope you do get banned. You are going to be that guy who causes issues with member trades, I'll just put some $$ down on that for sure.

For me, you will get "ignored" so I won't have to have to read your useless crap.

ROFFL - access your Rage little guy.

I never went into an AUTHORIZE DEALER, I said that. Anywhere I was going to go into, was not an AUTHORIZED DEALER, I clarified that also. Yet you continue to bring up this "indiscretion" that I DIDN'T make and chastise me. According to the rules, I have done nothing wrong.

Now that the flimsy arguments you conjured have failed to bear fruit, regardless of the spin, you are going off on this rant, personally attacking me and using obscene language. You clearly see yourself above the several rules you violate, to beat this one rule I didn't violate, to death. You surely are one heck of a :inverted:lawyer. :inverted:

An actual lawyer can formulate a concise point. They can clearly communicate it with the English language (using the proper homophones). They can argue that point with facts and proof and dominate a... what did you call me again to bolster your inferiority complex? Oh that's right... "kid" with "no perspective on what it takes in life to do anything" handily.

You go on to imply in your rant that you, or multiple people from this forum have somehow been burned by me, in that I received crucial information that may have potentially saved me a substantial sum of money, and I am now turning my back and not paying the proper homage to them. I got advice from one person, Cougar. I have, on multiple occasions thanked him. This Omega forum was dead when I got here. Cougar was the only one not high enough on a pedestal to answer my question, if anyone else WAS reading. $350 is not something I overly concern myself with. If it was, I probably wouldn't have conducted this experiment where I sent money to China for a knock off watch. I have stated that I was amazed at the quality, primarily because I expected so little. I try to tell other people that may come here my experience.

Your argument that it is, "douches like [me] that cause problems for all of us" is laughable. You have a very twisted moral compass. So violating copyright, patent, intellectual property, receiving counterfeit goods and a plethora of other real laws... as a :inverted:lawyer; :inverted: that doesn't bother you? Are those the problems I am causing for you; THE POSSIBLE REPERCUSSIONS OF YOUR OWN DECISIONS?

You are concerned about the attention that ONE PERSON is going to shed on this vast ocean of Chinese knock-off counterfeiting businesses that costs the real companies BILLIONS... because I bring my watch into a jeweler get the band adjusted? What, do you think they don't know? You think they don't know about the forums and the sellers and the factories? Talk about no perspective on how the world actually works. The secret's out, we're late to the party if you thought no one else was in the club.

One thing you're right about, it's probably best to ignore me... because you're AA farm-league all the way, son.

"It's a losing proposition, but one you can't refuse.

It's the ultimate enticement it's the smuggler's blues."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d7uKjo_URBo

Thanks again Cougar!

Edited by WetWork

Oh dear... C'mon guys, it's not focken worth it. Can't say I don not enjoy this 'lil fight of yours(hehe), my dearest Wet and Pho, but seriously, it's toy fake watches we are talking about. Not worth any of you get angry or uncomfortable in any way over them.

"Toy fake watches"....how dare you......dems is fighting words. :aggressive:

• Like 1

Wetdouche, I'm ot even going to entertain point by point your attempt to be intelligent, but to say this

1. You attacked ME personally, when, I suggested that you may want to reconsider your actions as it's frowned upon in our community. You didn't go to an AD but you were scouting new places to hit with your fake watch test.

2. You responded with your not the boss of me, I'll do what I want.

3 I explained that there is a social contract when you benefit from this community you are asked to follow the rules. In this, you have raved about your benefit and [censored] on the rules. You don't understand or show any gratitude for what WE have built.

4. Stop playing TV lawyer, YOU one person are not the downfall of our hobby, only a small minded person would think that the argument and worse attempt to retort it in such a matter. You know exactly the point, if everyone did it, it would be a problem that's why there is a rule.

5. Your in way over your head kid, if I were you, I'd wise up and show respect. Before you even think of trying to pick that apart it's respect to the forum and it's members NOT me.

In conclusion, the furtherance of you trying to rebut and defend your clear intention to flagrantly flaunt then rules of the forum by diverting attention from your actions and put it on mine you just continue to dig a hole deeper. You attacked me for pointing out the forum rules. You insult this forum then you insult me.

You don't deserve what is available here, your childish and immature and I suggest you either start showing intent to follow the rules or move on. You may not get banned for this, but, your not buying any good will and won't find helping hands when you need them.

Wetdouche, I'm ot even going to entertain point by point your attempt to be intelligent, but...

But ironically you then you go on to do just that.

I thought you were ignoring my attempts to be as intelligent as thou; because no one could be as intelligent as you clearly are. I mean, name-calling... that's up there man.

Refresh my memory; when you became a :inverted: lawyer, :inverted: did you not swear an oath, yet you KNOWINGLY AND WANTONLY BREAK THE LAW; do you not? You quote rules and implied intent as if your actions and deeds were as pure as the baby Jesus. Somehow, in your mind, preaching the rules of the forum, absolve you for superseding actual laws. What a convenient double-standard you have built to justify your actions.

Your concise understanding and omnipotent grasp of not just jurisprudence, but your uncanny ability to decipher the underlying blueprint that weaves the fabric off all things around you, solidifies your position as the wise-master and mentor of us kids on an internet forum.

How did you get so powerful... and by powerful I mean hypocritical.