When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

New Watch Doesn't Tick... Help?

Epanoui

I just recieved my second Rep, and for some reason it doesn't tick at all.

It's an automatic 7750 Pam 202. Is there something I need to do to start it up or something?

Might sound daft but have you tried gently moving it aorund to get the rotor going? Can you hear anything when you move it around? You should hear a quiet(ish) whirring sound which is the rotor revolving and storing energy, and then you should hear your movement ticking happily away!

Yeah, I did shake it around quite a bit and the rotor was moving, but it looked like nothing was happening.

Okay... now I am soooooooo confused.

So I noticed it is working, i.e., the hours and minutes hands are working. And the seconds subdial is working as well.

BUT!!! the LARGE second hand that is attached to the middle main dial does not turn at all. Is this right?

Edited by Joshua

I just recieved my second Rep, and for some reason it doesn't tick at all.

It's an automatic 7750 Pam 202. Is there something I need to do to start it up or something?

Pull the crown out to the first click and wind it about 30 times or just start shaking it gently side to side. It should start!

Yeah, I did shake it around quite a bit and the rotor was moving, but it looked like nothing was happening.

So I noticed it is working, i.e., the hours and minutes hands are working. And the seconds subdial is working as well.

BUT!!! the LARGE second hand that is attached to the middle main dial does not turn at all. Is this right?

Thats the stopwatch hand. Doesn't move till you hit the top button.

That's the stop watch function. Top button starts and stops. Bottom button resets.

I believe that your watch is a chronograph and the large "seconds" hand only runs when it is in use.

edit.

Hahaha. We all posted the same thing.

Edited by turkey

Still not working? If not it could possibly be part of the stopwatch functionality - although I'm not familiar with this model...

EDIT... beaten to it, not once, not twice.. but thrice!

I marvel at the inability of people who.....

negotiate a computer to find their way here,

buy a watch via online payment,

with a successfully opened bank account/ credit card etc,

fuelled by the proceeds of some form of gainfull employment,

doubtless commuted to by working the controls of a complex automobile,

etc etc etc

yet cannot figuer out how to work a watch with a coupla buttons on it

spooky!

etc etc etc

spooky!

But he knows how to donate!!!! :thumbsupsmileyanim::thumbsupsmileyanim::thumbsupsmileyanim:

I think you'll find that YOU are the one that is insulting everyone here.......how about doing a little RESEARCH before you fork out hard CASH for a complex MECHANICAL item....that will ALWAYS need some care and attention and future SERVICING....how about growing into the hobby........you know....learning to CRAWL before you WALK before you RUN.

It's LAZY people such as you that [censored] me right off......people who simply want a pretty status object on their wrist....no horological knowledge at all......in fact very little knowledge of any kind.....YOU wouldn't operate a car without KNOWLEDGE ..or a PC ..would ya.....Narikaa is right......!

And these boards are still flypaper for idiots.....!

Edited by TTK

Ouch...

Anyway... I don't mean to insult but I did think it was kind of funny... both with Pauls link on how to work a chrono and Eddielee insisting that the sweep hand only moves when the chrono is engaged in his return policy...

I mean I obviously wasn't born knowing how a chrono works but I don't ever remember being at all confused by it... I dunno... somehow humorous in the classic "noob" manner...

etc etc etc

spooky!

LOL!

So true, So true....

Dont take it personal joshua, just accept your role as an ignorant newb, and try to learn as much as you can so you can become enlightend!