When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

AP Diver modded pics

eunomians

Here's my lovely AP Diver with AR'd crystal, AR'd date magnifier, dial+hands+bezel relume and water-proofing.

The mods were done by Caruwe and his work is impeccable. The relume is so well executed that it looks OEM factory!

I added a Survivor rubber strap to the watch just to switch it up a little from the plain rubber strap that comes with the watch. The Diver buckle fits the large 24mm end of the Survivor strap perfectly. So, for the record, the Survivor strap and the AP Diver strap are the same sizes.

Look carefully at my pics and you'll see the incredible AR on the crystal and date cyclops. Sometimes I look at my watch when wearing it and it looks like there's no crystal on it at all! And also note the insane relume work on the dial markers, hands and rotating bezel ring. Uwe's work is highly recommended!

Cheers

img2615version2.jpg

img2624y.jpg

img2625h.jpg

Actually the Survivor and Diver strap specs are EXACTLY the same. 28mm at the watch end and 24mm at the buckle end. When I have some time I will do a comparison of a GEN Survivor hornback with an AP Bands hornback to show the difference.

I'm somewhat surprised you managed to fit a Survivor's strap to the Diver's case

reason being I've tried fitting a couple of ROO APBands to my Survivor and it didn't work ...

Very nice, my Vac diver should be here today! The AR coating that Vac is now using looks identical to Uwe's - very strong and durable, slight hint of amber at certain angles.

The hex screws come with gaskets. Perhaps Uwe just removed the gaskets to sink them ?

Edited by guru

Very nice, my Vac diver should be here today! The AR coating that Vac is now using looks identical to Uwe's - very strong and durable, slight hint of amber at certain angles.

The hex screws come with gaskets. Perhaps Uwe just removed the gaskets to sink them ?

No he didn't. The watch was also waterproof-tested :) Maybe he cut the length of the screws a little?