When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

How do you smell?

thamayor214

I found this article very informative. Especially the How To Section at the bottom: http://www.yourworldtoday.ca/2007/05/24/how-to-wear-cologne/

(On a side note: Did our traditional Christmas Eve Movie last night. Sure enough-- some dude sits right in front of me who must have dumped a bottle of cologne on himself. We had to change seats. :( )

wow tobacco, leather and coffee sounds darn good. I could try layer Tuscan Leather with a fragrance from the A*Men range (one of them has a tobacco coffee oriented scent)

Great idea..I think i will do the same...actually sounds very good. :)

I love tobacco leather and coffee notes together...and of course..If there done well.

Imagine if you will...you are sitting in a very nice coffee shop...with espresso brewing in the background. Now imagine If you will... you are sitting In a expensive Italian leather chair..with the pungent aroma of the leather surrounding you.....and off In the distance...someone just lit a fine Cuban cigar. The cigar (tobacco) aroma is subtle...so as not to be overpowering.

Now thats my kind of of fragance...exquisite. :)

Mike

I found this article very informative. Especially the How To Section at the bottom: http://www.yourworld...o-wear-cologne/

(On a side note: Did our traditional Christmas Eve Movie last night. Sure enough-- some dude sits right in front of me who must have dumped a bottle of cologne on himself. We had to change seats. :( )

That really is to bad...some people just dont realize how offensive there cologne or perfume can be.

I have actually found women to be the biggest offenders when it comes to over application of cologne/perfume. My friend James and I were having a drink at the neighborhood tavern about a month ago. These two nice looking girls sat down at the bar right next to us. The smell of the perfume was so strong we had to actually go to the mens room and sit at different seats when we returned. Almost gave me a headache.

Although i like wearing cologne at times..I sure dont like to have my choice of fragance Intrude upon others senses. Not good.

Mike

Thanks for the heads up. I guess nothing beats the original of course. I will give a few a try nevertheless, something might stand out to me for other reasons.

I might be to harsh in my discussion of fragrances, now I definitely don't think PI fits into that category. Maybe I need to come back sober.

That really is to bad...some people just dont realize how offensive there cologne or perfume can be.

I have actually found women to be the biggest offenders when it comes to over application of cologne/perfume. My friend James and I were having a drink at the neighborhood tavern about a month ago. These two nice looking girls sat down at the bar right next to us. The smell of the perfume was so strong we had to actually go to the mens room and sit at different seats when we returned. Almost gave me a headache.

Although i like wearing cologne at times..I sure dont like to have my choice of fragance Intrude upon others senses. Not good.

Mike

Oh man, over-application is a killer. Rather no fragrance than excessive smell. Greatness comes and is sustainable with moderation.

Here is another fragrance I am eyeing up. A sales lady suggested to me that I try this as it's quite a "controversial" scent.

http://www.fragranti...tense-2305.html

It's listed as female but wears better on men. When I first smelled it I didn't like it, but it really grew on me. It's simple, and almost transparent, but it messes with your head to the point where you have no idea what you're smelling (in a good way of course), and you'll be loving it soon. Women go crazy for it too, if you're looking for a scent to grab attention. I recommended it to a friend of mine recently who lives in San Francisco, and he bought it blind. He was also a bit unsure of it at first, so he wore it out to the clubs one night, and one girl who had randomly been at a few of the same clubs/bars as him pulled him over in the street and asked if he was the guy who smelled so incredible, and then proceeded to smell him. She then said that if she didn't have a boyfriend she'd be all over him, as the fragrance was absolutely hypnotizing her (I'm honestly not exaggerating, as he was stunned himself when he wrote me the email to tell me about it).

Oh man, over-application is a killer. Rather no fragrance than excessive smell. Greatness comes and is sustainable with moderation.

Here is another fragrance I am eyeing up. A sales lady suggested to me that I try this as it's quite a "controversial" scent.

It's listed as female but wears better on men. When I first smelled it I didn't like it, but it really grew on me. It's simple, and almost transparent, but it messes with your head to the point where you have no idea what you're smelling (in a good way of course), and you'll be loving it soon. Women go crazy for it too, if you're looking for a scent to grab attention. I recommended it to a friend of mine recently who lives in San Francisco, and he bought it blind. He was also a bit unsure of it at first, so he wore it out to the clubs one night, and one girl who had randomly been at a few of the same clubs/bars as him pulled him over in the street and asked if he was the guy who smelled so incredible, and then proceeded to smell him. She then said that if she didn't have a boyfriend she'd be all over him, as the fragrance was absolutely hypnotizing her (I'm honestly not exaggerating, as he was stunned himself when he wrote me the email to tell me about it).

Cant read It bro.:)

Cant read It bro. :)

Oh damn, I have the other theme for RWG and I pasted this review which seemed to be in the wrong colour.

Anyway,

What I was saying was that over-application is certainly a killer. I also mentioned another fragrance I was eyeing up namely :

http://www.fragrantica.com/perfume/CoSTUME-NATIONAL/Scent-Intense-2305.html

^ That stuff is interesting to say the least

A friend gave me his review and I trust him 100%

I pasted it in this thread

http://www.fragrantica.com/board/viewtopic.php?id=29999

Oh damn, I have the other theme for RWG and I pasted this review which seemed to be in the wrong colour.

Anyway,

What I was saying was that over-application is certainly a killer. I also mentioned another fragrance I was eyeing up namely :

^ That stuff is interesting to say the least

A friend gave me his review and I trust him 100%

I pasted it in this thread

http://www.fragranti...ic.php?id=29999

That sounds very Interesting Lobster..I like sents that mix with ones own chemistry. Actually thats what a good cologne should do....It's all abut the "pheromones" when done right it can get a girl wet. I [censored] you not.

I've done some research on the subject...and It's true. :snorkel:

It's about finding that certain sent that mixes well with one's own natural body odor. What can smell one way on me can smell much differently on someone else. Everyone's chemistry Is different.

A frangance can be "animalistic" and thats a good thing. ;)

Mike

well.. Im getting ready to leave the house. Im wearing Terre D Hermes EDP today.

In my top five favorites...easy. :) Here's a pretty good review comparing the EDT to the EDP..parfum version.

It's a cold damp rainy day...perfect scent due to the earthy overtones. PERFECT. :thumbs:

Mike.

Well today I'm wearing Kenneth Cole Vintage Black

[url=http://www.addoway.com/viewad/Kenneth-Cole-Vintage-Black-67-oz-Cologne-by-Kenneth-Cole-for-Men-1690829#utm_campaign=feed&utm_medium=shopping&utm_source=bing]

Its a little cool out and wet which work well with the notes of this cologne:

tequila

fresh spicy

citrus

herbal

woody

KCVB.bmp

Edited by thamayor214

Well kind of the same thing here...Im not having lunch out because Im broke. So kind of the same thing...but not the same thing...I think

Mike

If you like stocks my broker just gave me one to watch. The company is First Solar and the ticker is fslr.

well.. Im getting ready to leave the house. Im wearing Terre D Hermes EDP today.

In my top five favorites...easy. :) Here's a pretty good review comparing the EDT to the EDP..parfum version.

It's a cold damp rainy day...perfect scent due to the earthy overtones. PERFECT. :thumbs:

Mike.

I looove Hermes Terre, I have the EDT but also lasts ages. There certainly is subtle differences between the Parfum and this but either way, this is a quality scent. Smells so damn good. Citrus, earthy and "metallic", know what I mean?

If you like stocks my broker just gave me one to watch. The company is First Solar and the ticker is fslr.

They were hit hard recently in the markets, but relatively well priced stock if bought now. On the other hand, the future allows us to consider solar energy more and more and the company diversified well by offering products and services. Management team looks solid as well. New Finance Officer but with good years of experience.

Another stock I have faith in based on research is, Calpine Corp (CPN)

They were hit hard recently in the markets, but relatively well priced stock if bought now. On the other hand, the future allows us to consider solar energy more and more and the company diversified well by offering products and services. Management team looks solid as well. New Finance Officer but with good years of experience.

Another stock I have faith in based on research is, Calpine Corp (CPN)

They look like they are finally gaining steam again. I will take a look. Thank you.

Thanks for the tip. :) what are your thoughts on Hyundai/Kia motor Investments?

I heard another one to look out for is Chipotle Mexican Grill restaurants.

Mike