When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Clone 3186 movement

chrgod

It does have a balance bridge instead of the ETA's cock, which may be a step in the right direction. But definitely not a 100% clone of the Rolex.

We were probably writing at the same time.

It's not a bridge at all, it's simply a stand alone piece screwed down to look like a bridge, it's in effect a double cock...

That movement has been around for a long time...

The "arm" on the right side is fake, it just sits there and looks like it connects to the balance [censored]...it doesn't...

Asian 2836 copy with painted gears, and sadly I haven't seen any good GMT movements, some are ok, but none are good.

Zigy,

do you sow the SA3135 already ?

It's not a bridge at all, it's simply a stand alone piece screwed down to look like a bridge, it's in effect a double cock...

You lost me there, Zig?

The balance appears to be held in place by a metal component that is attached to the plate at 2 points; with 2 screws (as opposed to a cock's 1 connection point, 1 screw). So, unless there is a standard cock hidden below the bridge, how is that not a bridge?

Here is a Rolex bridge (fixed at 2 points, with 2 screws)

3135mvt.jpg

Versus a standard balance cock (affixed to the pillar at a single point, with a single screw

P1000447.JPG

Freddy, in this pic

RLX-2011-12-14-02-08_enl.jpg

the standard ETA balance [censored] is the one that's connected to the movement at the very top (12 o'clock in the pic). The second arm of the "bridge" that connects around 2 o'clock in the pic is fake. It's not connected to the [censored] at all, only to the plate. If you remove that screw the whole thing comes off.

EDITED TO ADD: If I type balance c0ck it censors it. Weird

We were probably writing at the same time.

Or in the case of the 2836 3135 clone a double cock up with bits falling off all the time.

I am still waiting to see one of these new actual 3135 clones in the flesh or under ziggys lens

Freddy, in this pic the standard ETA balance [censored] is the one that's connected to the movement at the very top (12 o'clock in the pic). The second arm of the "bridge" that connects around 2 o'clock in the pic is fake. It's not connected to the [censored] at all, only to the plate. If you remove that screw the whole thing comes off.

Now I see what you (& Ziggy) mean - the circled piece is free-standing (not connected to the balance)

post-3175-0-12764600-1323899690.jpg