When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Weight of Replica Watches

Bainzey

Now a days, yes. At least the ones from our trusted sellers. Sounds like you experience is with Canal Street junk.

In fact some of the Rolex reps are actually heavier than a Gen Rolex.

If you have never handled a Gen / Stainless Steel Rolex, you should, they are not as heavy as you would think. A friend of mine though a Gen 1680 Submariner on a 9315 bracelet was FAKE because it was light, and the bracelet rattled a bit.

If you are thinking that you can just get a rep and hand it over to fool your mates or others then there is alot more to it than just the weight

Most people have made an opinion on a watch being rep or gen (if they are part of the small% that are interested) well before they talk about it and hold it. They judge the person first and if on that first impression they don't think you are the person with a 5k watch then it will take more than it weighing the same as a gen to convince them.

Trust me, I'm 18 and have a gen Submariner blue and gold and a Tank francaise full size in steel and the same one in bi-metal.

I'm not an idiot, I just want to see what the difference is between a rep and a real one and considering I am on this forum, surrounded by them, I have become interested in buying one.

Trust me, I'm 18 and have a gen Submariner blue and gold and a Tank francaise full size in steel and the same one in bi-metal.

I'm not an idiot, I just want to see what the difference is between a rep and a real one and considering I am on this forum, surrounded by them, I have become interested in buying one.

Never said you were, just saying what people do and how they come to concusions and if they have come to the conclusion that you wear the real deal then you could hand over the cheepest lightest POS and tell them it cost a million and they will belive you, if they dont think that you can afford a Patek they will never belive that the sky moon tourby you wear is real

Ah, so i'm not running a risk buying reps... the thing is, I don't want a watch that people will feel (the weight especially) and know its a rep!

At this point they have already made their asasuptions.

A quick story, a mate of mine has worn the same gen sub since he bought it aged 20 (about 20 yeares ago) he drives a car worth less that my good walking boots and i have seen him try to convince people that his gen sub is gen, he has handed it over and they say the bracelet should not ratlle, that the crown does not line up verticaly to the case when screwed down, that the (Tritium) lume does not glow enough and that the seconds hand does not sweep perfectly, all becuse he is oftern scruffy and drives a shit car.

Human nature mostly whether people think it is a rep or not in the great wild world

Untill you bump into the experts from here or other sites then they see the detials!

No problem mate, there are watches that unless you are a member here then at a glance the average person would not doupt as long as it fits the overall persona, IE getting out of a Peugot 205 with a loud exaust and a louder sterio with a 15 year old gum chewing GF wearing a blinged out rolex and a tracksuit is not a good start, but if you dressed the same person in shoes, smart jeans, a decent shirt and a jacket and taught him how to speak politly then any thing is possible