When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

The ETA Swiss case set with a SA3135: Wonderful :)

chefcook

Snif-snif... But I have the new dial from BK.... And if I have a Sellita?

The truth is that I am very pleased with BK's watch, the only thing I buy now, has been a new ring gear because the depth of the teeth of TWB not see well enough. I'll wait to arrive and will post some pictures.

Edited by macjulivert

• 1 month later...

I don't know for sure about the TC dial diameter, I should have one on hand soon enough and I will report back when I have it. I can guarantee you the feet will not line up though... If it does work, that's a very good option for those who already have Sean cases and are looking for internals.

Thanks for the replies. So the current dial in the TC case using the 2824- ETA can also be used for the SA3135 movement?

Etaswiss and TC dials got Gen like feet position.

Eta need different feet position.

Not best, but you can glue dial to Eta movement.

Please do not ruined the feet on a Gen dial!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Etaswiss and TC dials got Gen like feet position.

Eta need different feet position.

Not best, but you can glue dial to Eta movement.

Please do not ruined the feet on a Gen dial!!!!!

The TC Dial DOES NOT have gen feet positioning nor is it the smaller gen diameter. This is bad news for those of us wanting a rep dial for our gen-dimensioned cases but it's good news for the TC case as it means it can take a larger rep dial like the WM9 cases in the past. This gives much fruit to the argument that it is indeed a WM9 V4 case...

Interesting as I have just fitted a gen dial in my tc case and yes I did cut the feet off!!!!

My tc dial was exactly the same size as the gen dial but does have eta feet position.

The dial is now for sale in parts section.

Personally I think going to the expense I'd a gen 3135 is daft in this project so I prefer a strong running eta movement over the current batch of a3135's.

The TC Dial DOES NOT have gen feet positioning nor is it the smaller gen diameter. This is bad news for those of us wanting a rep dial for our gen-dimensioned cases but it's good news for the TC case as it means it can take a larger rep dial like the WM9 cases in the past. This gives much fruit to the argument that it is indeed a WM9 V4 case...

Sorry, not correct,

I received last ETASWISS version dial, and it got right diameter and right feet .

May be your one is outdate.

Interesting as I have just fitted a gen dial in my tc case and yes I did cut the feet off!!!!

My tc dial was exactly the same size as the gen dial but does have eta feet position.

The dial is now for sale in parts section.

Personally I think going to the expense I'd a gen 3135 is daft in this project so I prefer a strong running eta movement over the current batch of a3135's.

I find this really hard to believe, did you actually measure them with a caliper or are you just eyeballing it? It's a difference of less then half a millimeter but it's enough. Unless you've tried to fit a TC dial in a gen or ETASwiss case you may not see that it's too big.

Sorry, not correct,

I received last ETASWISS version dial, and it got right diameter and right feet .

May be your one is outdate.

I think you're confusing the TC dial and the ETASwiss dial. Current ETASwiss dials have proper diameter and gen feet positioning but no superlume, TC dials have the typical rep diameter, ETA feet and superlume. It's all about tradeoffs...

I think you're confusing the TC dial and the ETASwiss dial. Current ETASwiss dials have proper diameter and gen feet positioning but no superlume, TC dials have the typical rep diameter, ETA feet and superlume. It's all about tradeoffs...

opss!

I nether got TC dial in my hands, sorry.

Wile reading RWG I thougt the TC dial got Gen like feet.

To be fair I did not measure with a calliper, did not realise the difference was so small.

All I can say is that the gen dial sits very well inside the case as it sits on top of the movement holder as it did in the wm9 v3 which the tc case is an Improvement on.

Angus told me that a rep 3185 movement with correct hand stack will follow in about 4 to 6 months. I am already dreaming of building a 16710 or maybe 116710...

Shouldn't be that vintage as I got it brand new in a modern (meaning closed plastic blister with RFID chip) packaging.

- Case Set $460

- Watch with SA3135 $398

- Dial $260

- Hands $130

- Crown, Tube, Spring Bars and all case gaskets $180

- Crystal $140

- Date Wheel $45

- Bezel Insert $120

So roughly $1733 so far.

For parts I have my secret sources...

Secret source??

That's awesome...those are AD prices for a gen owner :)