When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

The ETA Swiss case set with a SA3135: Wonderful :)

chefcook

Bezel insert, crystal, hands, dial, date wheel, crown, tube, spring bars and all gaskets are genuine.

The SA3135 dial does not need superluming. It can easily compare with the genuine dial in terms of brightness and durability. Remember, the gen uses C1 which is not nearly as bright as the C3 on Omegas.

That's Noob SEL'S !!

That's great! My noob SELs had a little gap on the sides still so my quest goes on...

If not the SA take a ETA 2824-2 with long pinions.

Will fit nice.

I've heard the reliability of the 2892 is better then the 2824 and they're the same size and similar price which Is why I figured I'd go that route...

In the long run, 24 is cheaper to upkeep than 92. Rotor bearing, second and third wheels are common issues/fast moving items but replacing costs are much cheaper compare to 92. Most importantly, these are interchangeable in the 28XX series except the 92.

Chefcook, I know this has already been answered in your post but just wanna reconfirm: The SA3135 movement from Puretime fitted into the Sean case without much work, correct?

Also, how's the crystal height of the original Sean crystal? I plan to use it. Your project is way super for me.

Thanks much for doing this project before any of us spend big bucks.

The SA3135 fitted without any work. Just drop it in and tighten the screws, that's it.

The crystal on Sean's case is way too thick and it is not as clear as it should be. It just does not look correct. If one's on a budget I'd recommend a Clark's crystal or maybe a TW Best V1 crystal as they are not that bad too.

Insert is OK, pearl is the usual rep [censored].

Crown is good but still flawed.

Clasp is the best rep clasp I've ever held in my hands. The stamping on the folding parts is on par with the gen, the coronet stamping on the outer clasp is even better executed than on a gen clasp I have on a 93150.

The bracelet is very nice but the end links suffer from a careless to reckless finishing. They are too much brushed, rounded on the edges and taper down from 20.1mm to 19.9 mm leaving a very obvious uneven gap on both sides of the end links. In addition they are too long and protrude over the lug tips.

here is what I was told by others working with me to get my build together, the dial in TWB is too large to fit the sean case (so is the noob dial). also, if you mill down the twb dial, it the minute markers get very close to the rehaut and it looks wrong. the movement spacer from the twb does not fit the sean case, nor would it position the stem in the correct location.

if you were to use the dial that comes with the sean case set, minus the feet of course, and you were to source a movement spacer that fits the case and your movement of choice, then yes you can use the rest of the bk twb stuff.

I am by far no expert, this just what I have heard/learned in the last 8 months of building my sean 16610. hope it helps...

Edited by its_urabus