When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

The ETA Swiss case set with a SA3135: Wonderful :)

chefcook

I think it will be very interesting to compare the case with a BK / WM9 v2 or v3

Just shoot me a PM if you want me to take some photos of mine for comparison side by side (v3 with gen crystal, crown, tube, pearl)

I'd be interestd in that comparison. I want to get a good sub rep and it looks like its between one of these and a bk Tw best, but only thing pulling me more towards bks is the price. :)

I think it will be very interesting to compare the case with a BK / WM9 v2 or v3

Just shoot me a PM if you want me to take some photos of mine for comparison side by side (v3 with gen crystal, crown, tube, pearl)

So most difference on Sean's Case is the Bezel and Crown position.

It takes a gen Movement.

That needs no comparison.

That needs no comparison.

...except for the end-user who don't really care about the movement in.

A fake chinese copy of Rolex mov., or a fake chinese or swiss eta ? Who cares if the crown/tube position is good not so bad ? :)

I think you will never put a $$$ gen 3135 into it, so the "it takes gen movement" is not really an argument ;)

And, sorry if comparison between two "good" fakes sounds weird to you - to me, it doesn't at all

• Like 1

A fake chinese copy of Rolex mov., or a fake chinese or swiss eta ? Who cares if the crown/tube position is good not so bad ? :)

I think you will never put a $$$ gen 3135 into it, so the "it takes gen movement" is not really an argument ;)

And, sorry if comparison between two "good" fakes sounds weird to you - to me, it doesn't at all

No offense here,

I talked only about the case.

The Bezel finish ( more defined) is better than on WM9 and TW.

Crown height is like gen also better.

CG's are similar to WM9 and TW.

Hope this helps ;)

No offense here,

I talked only about the case.

The Bezel finish ( more defined) is better than on WM9 and TW.

Hope this helps ;)

As I said, I have a similar build going on. Seans case has some issues. biggest are the engravings are incorrect. 16610 no 16610T, and the serial is a late M serial which is inconsistant with a non rehaut engraved m serial.

anyway, I weighed buying the rep 3135, and decided on a 2892 with a stilty spacer and gen date wheel. I needed to know that I would never have issues with the movement, and by using a gen swiss movement, I think I have that.

the bracelet you show is very similar to mine, mine had zero gap at the lugs, but the back of the SEL had the same weird lip as yours.

I need to contact TC about his bracelet. it looks closer to gen than any other ive seen.

your build is so amazing. throw a nato on it and no one could call you in it.

thanks for sharing your build. its members like you that make this place so great!

No offense here,

No problem :) We are just comparing opinions ;)

Personally, I do not see so much difference about crown height. It's maybe my eyes...

But talking about the CG's, the Sean case looks better.

BK/WM9 quality about CG's seems to not be constant (on the maybe 10 I've seen for sell these last months), and the CG's on the Sean case seems (again, to me) better finished.

The crown looks better positioned into the CG's also on the Sean case.

It's just a feeling, but - IMHO - a close comparison will be great for the entire community (who have the best sub bla bla etc. You know the song :D)

R.

So here are my WM9 Hybrid Sub for comparsion..

V2 Case with Eta 2824 high pinions

Gen Insert

Gen Tube and Crown

Gen Crystal

Reshaped case by me

<acronym title="Crown Guard">CG</acronym>'s reworked

Retainer reworked

Wm9 Dial with Bk SL Indicies

BK datewheel

SL Hands

Reshaped SEL`s by me

WM9 clasp

The Insert is shaped to fit und I'm lucky at clips in.

All Mods done by myself

Forgive dust and scratches this is my daily beater ;)

dsc04245f.jpg

dsc04247s.jpg

dsc04248al.jpg

dsc04249r.jpg

dsc04245f.jpg

dsc04246x.jpg

Edited by Tribal

Seans case has some issues. biggest are the engravings are incorrect. 16610 no 16610T, and the serial is a late M serial which is inconsistant with a non rehaut engraved m serial.

it was my understanding that the Ms could not have engraved rehauts and the numbers were arbitrary and not chronological, which is why its impossible to date the production of any particular M serial sub. e.g an M5xxxxxxx could very well come before an M1xxxxxxx

From what ive researched, only early m serials had NO engravings on the by early I mean the first ones with m serials. I thought the majority of m serials had the engraving. I have pics somewhere of a m serial without engravings, but they were hard to find. I didn't know all m serials were random, I just assumed it was the ones engraved on the rehauts.

To me it doesn't totally matter since if someone is going to check serial numbers they are going to open the case back.

Very nice sub, congratulations;)

The case is very good, probably the best so far, but it has the same old issue with the SELs.

They are wider and longer than gen.

I guess that a noob bracelet (with etaswiss clasp which is stunning) would fit better having endlinks a bit wider than 20mm.

Too bad SA3135 doesn't accept gen hands, hope they fix it soon

I agree on the sh*tty finish;)

Btw I still don't understand it the lugs are too wide or the bracelet endlinks are too narrow. I've tried to fit a noob bracelet on a gen case and it didn't fit because my noob SELs were 20.2-20.3mm while on a etaswiss case it seems to fit properly, so I believed it was a etaswiss case issue..

Did you try a gen bracelet on?

I tried Noob end links in the meantime. They are too wide and cannot be used on my case.

The lug distance on my case is 20.05 to 20.1 on both sides. The bracelet that comes with the case is 19.9 on top and 20.05 on the bottom. That is what I meant with bad finishing on the ETAswiss bracelet. You can see that it was a lot bigger before it got brushed and now tapers down from 20.05 where it is not brushed to 19.9 :(

I don't have a gen bracelet with SEL to try it.

Here are some test pics with an old TW Best end link that is exactly 20.00. Unfortunately it does not fit the case because of the pin size and position.

But it makes clear: All I need is a bracelet that is exactly 20.00 to make this the best Sub I ever had. I think member Eiderdaus already tried a gen bracelet on his Sean case and reported good fit and looks.

img_11628claa.jpg

img_1164q2xv2.jpg

img_11650xzp8.jpg

img_11674sbdv.jpg

Actually I am thinking about buying a gen 93250 for this watch. Would be expensive but maybe worth the money. With the case being somewhere around 20.08 it should look nice with a gen bracelet being exactly 20.00.

If the noob SELs are too wide you can easily grind them back with an oil stone (like used for knife or chisel sharpening. This will give a nice crisp edge too. It takes a little time to do this without rounding off the ends but it's quite easy.

• 2 weeks later...

Neither genuine nor ETA. I bought one of Angus (Puretime) SA3135 Submariners as a donor for movement which runs great by the way...

This is how it would look like with a noob end link ground down to 20.17mm. Had to shave off roughly 5/100 mm of the noob end link which took only a couple of minutes.

That would already be a very acceptable result for my own end link project (the fit of the end links, not the end link itself...).

img_1188dtjf6.jpg

img_1189hcjao.jpg

img_1190yhkbm.jpg

img_1191n8j16.jpg

img_1192mukxz.jpg

whats odd is my noob bracelet, a TTK original, is 20mm, so there is a tiny tiny tiny gap. The mid link shape is still wrong, but its a better bracelet than the sean case.

Did you SL the dial from the SA3135? I am thinking of building a LV next based off the sa3135, and just trying to project costs.

I cant wait for your endlink project. it is just what these need!