When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

What the h..l!

timj

Got a phone call from this guy in hong kong...

He asked me about a omega I allegedly bought from a store there, asked me if I could send him the store name I bought it from...

Only problem is, I never bought an omega from a store in china.

He sent me this email:

-"Hi, tim:

My name is Jean,One of My friend told me your phone#,he works for a logistic company and doing the package inspection.He know you bought a wonderful OMEGA watch from an online store.

My wife's birday is coming on next month.She really want to has an OMEGA but I can not afford it. I heard someone said we can buy the cheap watch from some online store. But I do not know which one is worth trust.I just want to give my wife a surprise. So hopefully I can have that website form you.

Best Regard!

Jean"

What is going on here? In don't like this at all. Anyone else heard of this??

Guest zeleni kukuruz

Quick pull down the curtains!!!

Lock the doors, get the gun ready, light a cig, poor yourself a huge whiskey, seat down (face facing the door) draw a huge puff on the cig, say to yourself "im ready mtf, bring it on"

No jokes aside, wtf!!! Thats [censored] crazy, maybe a friend is pulling both of your legs?

Have you bought an Omega? I know you said you didn't buy one from China, but did you recently make a purchase? Have you signed up with any forums and include your phone number? There are several possibilities here, but you may never find an answer to how this happened. Did you get an Email or phone call? You say you got a call, but than you say this person Emailed you.

I'm guessing this is a lurker.

Judging from his poor English there is probably a number of explanations, including the fact that he doesn't realise that our watches are replica's.

Of course the scary part is that he has been able to get your phone number, it seems he does have a contact here and you will need to think of who you have given your number too.

Ken

Hi,

I live in Norway, and bought my omega from a guy living in Norway... We emailed....

Only watch forum im a member of is this one, I don't give my phone nber away... It's not in facebook.... So this is a bit weird....

I'm opting for the whiskey and sig solution...:-)

Weird stuff....

Hi,

I live in Norway, and bought my omega from a guy living in Norway... We emailed....

Only watch forum im a member of is this one, I don't give my phone nber away... It's not in facebook.... So this is a bit weird....

I'm opting for the whiskey and sig solution...:-)

Weird stuff....

What cal. you goin with? :)

You can't go wrong with .45!

Latest mail from the guy

"I look for that website for a long time. Can you tell me please? I am not intent to do something special that will affect you. I just want to bulid up a business like that.So could you do me a favor to sand me that link please?

--- On Mon, 1/9/12, Tim Jørstad wrote:

Subject: Re: hi,tim

Date: Monday, January 9, 2012, 6:20 PM

Www.Omega.com If you want an omega watch.

I bought mine used here in Norway.

Don't know of any websites other than the official omega website.

Med vennlig hilsen

Tim Jørstad

Den 9. jan. 2012 kl. 19:12 skrev JingNing Xu :

Hi, tim:

Can you send me that website"

So now he is starting a shop....

[censored].....

And now this:

-"But yours come from China. It is impossible from that one. I don't intent to see what you got. I am not able to see what you had. I don't intend to innvasion your privacy.I just want to bulid up a website/business like that so just want to see what is that website like. Please do me this favor. I was living in California and back to here for business. Maybe we can be friends if you got a chance to visit China. Please do me this favor. I guarantee it won't affect you anything.

--- On Mon, 1/9/12, Tim Jørstad wrote:

Subject: Re: hi,tim

To: "JingNing Xu"

Date: Monday, January 9, 2012, 6:32 PM

Like I said, www.omega.com

Med vennlig hilsen

Tim Jørstad"

What's up with this guy.....

Really weird...

HOW did he get your phone?

HOW did he know you bought an omega ?

HOW would by hell he know that you re a member of a rep forum?

It's really a strange story.

Change your passwords, delete your cookies, clean your cache and history etc first

Remove RWG from your favorites for a short time

Then ask for explanations ... True ones...

First rule is NEVER RESPOND to stuff like this. The broken English is immediately suspect.

Second rule is scan the hell out of your computer for Malware/Virus, etc.

Third rule get a Google Voice number, or other 'burner' type of phone number to use with online sales, etc.

Ok, I will just delete everything from this guy and not respond him anymore...

He probably got my nr from either puretime or trusty...

Don't know, but If the security on those sites are that bad, I don't think I ever will buy from them again...

No one else here has my phone number, and only three people have my mail adress....

I have an iMac, so don't know if it can get a virus, pluss I mostly use my iPad or iPhone when on this forum...

Any computer can be infected with a virus. It doesn't matter if you have a MAC, PC, Linux, or Unix. It's more than likely and quite possible that any dealer has has a break-in and are not aware. However, if this was the case I would expect to see more posts like this one.