When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

The perfect Solid End Link - Let's do it!

chefcook

• 2 weeks later...

If TC can put this new SEL on his V2 bracelet, I'll be interested in two. I think the next project TC should tackle is

the Perfect 93250 Clasp.

I already bought the old V2 for my project and swapped his clasp out for the one from my WM9 V3 bracelet. I've

been shopping around for a year now for a gen clasp that wouldn't break the bank, but no luck so far.

If TC could find one of his contacts to do a one to one of the 93250, I'm sure he'd have a long list of customers.

Jack

This could in theory take another couple of months yet?? And then to get feedback and comparisons on the forums etc? I've just ordered a V2 as I want one. Hopefully the V3 is really good and solves a long running problem, only trouble is it may rise in cost. ......In fairness these bracelets dont exactly break the bank and the V2 could then be used as the 'beater' bracelet :D

We need to see a pic of this link to see if it passes in the first place or this could all be for nothing. Ok for you to say tc is sorting it but it would be nice hear it from the organ grinder himself and show a pic for us to critique!

What's wrong with the TC clasp? I find it really very good. It's the SEL that needs to be wider a bit.

It's been said that the WM9 V3 clasp was the closest to gen, when compared to all the 93250 rep's out there. When I compared a gen to the WM9, I could see where the V3 fell short.

When I compared my new TC clasp to the WM9, I swapped the WM9 clasp to the TC bracelet, it's better.

The TC clasp is very good, no doubt. But, if we're talking one to one, not so much.

This thread is about getting the best, one to one SEL for our projects. Why not pursue the best clasp?

Jack

We need to see a pic of this link to see if it passes in the first place or this could all be for nothing. Ok for you to say tc is sorting it but it would be nice hear it from the organ grinder himself and show a pic for us to critique!

TC tells me as he himself learns the news......that's all i can say for now.We will have to wait until his next trip to China in the next few weeks to see how the progress is coming along on the SEL project.

It's been said that the WM9 V3 clasp was the closest to gen, when compared to all the 93250 rep's out there. When I compared a gen to the WM9, I could see where the V3 fell short.

When I compared my new TC clasp to the WM9, I swapped the WM9 clasp to the TC bracelet, it's better.

The TC clasp is very good, no doubt. But, if we're talking one to one, not so much.

This thread is about getting the best, one to one SEL for our projects. Why not pursue the best clasp?

Jack

The best clasp project would be a major project to undertake.We need to finish the SEL project first.Then look into pursuing a "perfect" 93250 clasp.....

I tried out a piece of old SEL onto my Sean's case... this particular out of nowhere SEL is slightly wider between the lugs so it gives me an opportunity to try out the"trimming' process ...- in pursue to the perfect Gen - like SEL .

.I use a Dremel 300 to do the job ...

It took me 5 mins into the process before I realized It was too hard to get the 2 sides of SEL trimmed , especially we are talking about a clean-cutting-straight-down line that supposed to flush nicely parallel to the inner lug vertical.line....

The dremel easily results in uneven surfaces, that I declared a failure to this exploration after the width was over - trimmed

in short - we may ruin the SEL easily if we trim it using our own hands...

I hope that we can discuss and resolve this together

Edited by glennmichael

I tried out a piece of old SEL onto my Sean's case... this particular out of nowhere SEL is slightly wider between the lugs so it gives me an opportunity to try out the"trimming' process ...- in pursue to the perfect Gen - like SEL .

.I use a Dremel 300 to do the job ...

It took me 5 mins into the process before I realized It was too hard to get the 2 sides of SEL trimmed , especially we are talking about a clean-cutting-straight-down line that supposed to flush nicely parallel to the inner lug vertical.line....

The dremel easily results in uneven surfaces, that I declared a failure to this exploration after the width was over - trimmed

in short - we may ruin the SEL easily if we trim it using our own hands...

I hope that we can discuss and resolve this together

glennmichael, it's curious that you went with the Dremel. Hand grinding/finishing with one of those is tuff(I use one on a regular bases with model trains).

Since the SEL is toast, I'm curious if you could try to clean up the ends with varying levels of fine sandpaper and emery cloth?

If you decide to try this, use a single pull technique where you sand in only one direction.

I'm very curious if this would work at keeping the two sides of the SEL even and parallel with each other.

Just a thought for your consideration,

Jack

glennmichael, it's curious that you went with the Dremel. Hand grinding/finishing with one of those is tuff(I use one on a regular bases with model trains).

Since the SEL is toast, I'm curious if you could try to clean up the ends with varying levels of fine sandpaper and emery cloth?

If you decide to try this, use a single pull technique where you sand in only one direction.

I'm very curious if this would work at keeping the two sides of the SEL even and parallel with each other.

Just a thought for your consideration,

Jack

Hmmmm... why didnt I thought of that ???

Probably I was all over my newly bought dremel tool and forgot the basics... :)

I've ran out of spare link ... yikes!

Hmmmm... why didnt I thought of that ???

Probably I was all over my newly bought dremel tool and forgot the basics... :)

I've ran out of spare link ... yikes!

Do you still have the one that got mucked up by the Dremel work?

If you do, you could try the sandpaper on that to check for viability.

Jack

Has anyone bout one of the new A3135 watches from Angus? My LV had perfect end

Inks that I kept for my Sean cased 3135 gen dial Sub.

Id just find the Chinese connection for those and buy the bracelets direct.

:)