When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Which android phone is the best

Cats

After using my BB for 2 years it's time to choose a new smart phone.

At work I'm using a iPhone so all the Apple don't have to convince me to buy one.

I have narrowed my choice down to 4 types

Google Nexus 4,7 inch screen Android 4.0 etc.

Samsung Galaxy S II

HTC Sensation XE

HTC Sensation XL

Which one would be your choice ???

Thanxs for your advise.

Carpe Diem

Cats

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Choose the Galaxy nexus if you use your phone for the so called 'smarter' aspects of smart phone use (office apps, web apps, web browsing, news and weather etc etc etc), choose the GS2 if you like gaming. The reasons are too long for here, but the nutshell is it's about processing architecture. While its arguable that they're roughly equal, the experst say the gs2 can only outperform the nexus at gaming.

Choose the GS2 if you like tinkering and making your phone do things it's not supposed to as it will remain the most supported by hackers and Dev scenesters.

Choose the Nexus if you'll keep it stock and want a beautiful HD screen and timely/first official updates and official support.

I'm in a similar boat to you, but my dilemna is choosing between the Nexus and and the flood of quad core (promising more power than the two above) HD phones that are sure to hit the market mid year this year.

Don't get a gs1. You can get a low end android these days that will outperform the gs1 with a custom rom. For a third of the price. Such as the galaxy ace

I don't know what is what but my family have been loving the Motorola 4G Droid. Seems to be a nice mix of blazing Internet speed (at least on Verizon) with about as large a screen size as is comfortable to hold. The thinness is fantastic too. This Rex is not coming from a TIS though (technological idiot...)

Thanks guys for all your reactions.

@Star69 i do like the iPhone , that issue is solved cause i will have a iPhone next supplied by my employer.

Just got of the phone with a good friend mine who works for RIM.

He will ship a 9860 to me next week and told me to wait for the next BB with the code name London.

I will give the BB a try and might decide to wait untill August if i decide to buy a new privat phone other then the BB it will be most likely a Google Nexus.

Thanks for all your tips and advice again.

Carpe Diem

Cats

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Wow interesting. I would be shocked if that deal actually went through. They are not doing well at all, but they still have a large market share in their enterprise software and make a lot of money with their licensing. Their biggest issue is making promises on new hardware and operating systems and then failing to deliver. This year will either make or break RIM I think.

I have an iPhone, but I have heard the SGS2 is a great phone.

Wow, that playbook must have sunk them. Will read up on it now...

I have all three, BB (torch), iPhone and samasung galaxy. For me, the BB is the best phone and messenger - hands down. not for apps - but for making and taking calls and sending receiving messages of all kinds. So it's best for business/work. I'll be shattered if samsung buys them no matter how much I'm a fan of samsung's hardware.

Other than that, if you want an opinion by someone who owns and uses them all, the android surpassed the iphone quite some time ago - though i dont have a 4s (which i believe is the only one released that is specced properly to run the OS to date). Again, just opinion for my uses.

Love it. Best phone and messenger I've ever had. You've got the best of both worlds with the torch. Save the apps for your other though - they work well opn BB because of the way they're developed but are largely much more expensive than their android/iphone counterparts, and of course there's less choice.

As much as I enjoy the touchscreen only smartphones. They can't compete with the making and taking calls and messaging with confidence aspect of BB, email setup etc etc. The BBs are tools, the others are more entertainment orientated IMO. and certainly less reliable for making business calls all day. The BB torch battery last me 4 days under heavy use btw. Even though the BB torch does all media/apps etc, i save that for iphone/android. Actually the BB torch beat iphone at their own game last year - winning best music player on a smartphone at PC world or Cnet or gsm arena or something (can't find the link - might have actually related to BBOS6 not the torch alone) and in the top 5 camera phones (http://www.cnet.com....0-339304995.htm) last year at Cnet.

Also, as i'm sure you know the BB hardware is tough. First BB i had lasted for four years. . But as theyre tools for me, Im pretty hard on them.

Back on topic, i've decided that choosing betwen the gs2 on the nexus is too hard, so i'll wait for the quad cores which should be coming soon. i'm a huge fan of android. It's not for this missus i suppose, but i like to tinker :)

Another tip for the op, I read just the other week that if you're buying a GS2 from an american carrier who badge their phone like verizon or ATT or someone, you have to very careful of the model specifics for the gs2 - one of them (and not the other from their competitor) has proprietry single core processor, unlike samsung's own dual core - making the nexus a waaaaay better option. This would be easy to google