When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Anyone Pick Up A Bronzo Yet?

maxman

Hey Mike, i saw it on risti.

DealStraps, that combo is only $103 including shipping

http://www.network54...onze+buckle+%29

Ya I love those H18 buckles... very nice.

I also like the Kain Heritage ones.. http://www.kainherit...kle/bk124b.html

Let me know if you find out what the buckles go for

Ian

Thanks..when i find out the price of the bronze buckle... I will let you know. :)

Mike

• 4 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Remember the old cheap fakes some 20 years ago? They were all made of chrome plated bronze, as the machinery factories had back then could not work on SS because it is way too hard, when bronze is soft and allows to easely do all sort of shapes... The first all SS reps were a revolution, even if they were only made of rusty 200 grade !!! And now we want the bronze back... :) For sure the rep makers will manufacture it in bronze some day : the only question is what quality will they use? Bronze is a wild world, and as all composite metals, it can be great or terrible. From a toxic breakable uneven (density differences from one area of the case to an other, with possible cracks or bubbles) metal that will tarnish in no time to a healthy mix like then gen. Wait and see, but I for one won't get the first series that comes out, as I fear the cheap metal plated with something better... Just like those cheap viet 9K cases plated with good 18k. Once you polish the watch : surprise !!! Uneven color (from red to light yellow), cracks, etc...

• 2 months later...

I am a huge fan of bronze also...even had a magnum anonimo.....which could hold its own IMO with any other bronze watch.(they were the first) ..was ready to dive with it and start the patina process,,,then I read that the patina is actually toxic....now I don't typically eat off of my watch...but still bugged me....I did more research and some suggest it is harmless....others not so.....guess this doesn't bother most people....

I too feel that the Bronzo 382 Is one of the most beautiful watchs that I have personally seen. I know that there will be a real bronze version. I just hope they do it right. If they do I will purchase one asap.

The gen has a titanium case back... so no bronze contact with the skin. Absolutley stunning watch. Just love the bronze case with the dark/hunter green dial.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9d09ScTaIBg'>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9d09ScTaIBg

Whats up with the censorship? :huh:

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
I hope they come out with a darker replica. The one posted earlier looks to clean, I would like to see how it ages.

The whole point of a Bronze watch case is that it darkens over time. When it's new, it should not look old.

I agree that faking a Bronzo by gold plating a stainless steel watch is retarded, tho.

The very nature of bronze causes it to patina over time. The original bright glow is restored with a small amount of Brasso. It may even give it a

glow that is more like the gen. The material on the "bronzo" is most likely a form of brass in any event. Try just a very small section, first, and you might b surprised.

In a good way!