When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Nevermind then

fotoman

Ok, guys, I really didn't want to respond to this thread, but this is way over the line here! Phoband and Wetworks both are dear friends of mine and I, personally, highly value their points of view and opinions. They both are invaluable for RWG as a community.

They had their share of bashing which I personally regret the most, because I believe that they can actually be quite close here. Both highly opinionated, educated, knowledgeable and authentic people. There is no doubt in my mind that they will work out their differences over PM, like adults.

Justasgood, I highly value your contribution to these boards as well as your opinion, we haven't spoken in person, but I have learnt much from your posts here, but as a new member to the fora and a regular joe i find your remarks highly offensive and absolutely unnecessary, moreover for me as a new member I find them to be condescending. Mills has a right for his own opinion and I suggest everyone to respect each others. Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to be an a$s, I just find these recent events extremely non-RWG-like and uncomfortable for me as a member.

Be it Pho, Mills, Justasgood or Wetwork, we all have our our points of view. We are all adults, please, please, let's keep it this way.

As a personal plead to RWG mods, please, lock this thread and make it an unfortunate hiccup of an amazing forum.

Pho, I mean this with all sincerity and respect, but lately you're posting a lot of clearly well-intentioned stuff which is rubbing people the wrong way. I used to do the same thing with the Cartel and it got me nowhere... I know your heart's in the right place, but like the asshole driver who cuts into your lane, just let it go :drinks: For what it's worth, I'm curious to know why Wetwork wants to get so many jewellers to tell him his rep is real :g: Is it an ego thing? Is he just making sure that he'll never get 'called out', or is he hoping to flip the watch as gen on the Bay, and trying to make sure his watch will 'pass muster' on sale by being able to 'fool the experts' with it? Who knows... Who cares... We have bigger fish to fry than this :drinks:

I thought it was pretty funny myself. Are you one of those serious people that get offended really easily over obvious jokes? Maybe we should listen to adeodatus and stop this rather stupid argument.

Say what you want about me, I have a great sense of humor. But you crossed the line when you brought my family into it.

Say what you want about me, I have a great sense of humor. But you crossed the line when you brought my family into it.

Seriously? The only reason I made such a joke is the fact you referred to me as "mom". Your mom just whispered to me that you should grow up.

Pho, I mean this with all sincerity and respect, but lately you're posting a lot of clearly well-intentioned stuff which is rubbing people the wrong way. I used to do the same thing with the Cartel and it got me nowhere... I know your heart's in the right place, but like the [censored] driver who cuts into your lane, just let it go For what it's worth, I'm curious to know why Wetwork wants to get so many jewellers to tell him his rep is real Is it an ego thing? Is he just making sure that he'll never get 'called out', or is he hoping to flip the watch as gen on the Bay, and trying to make sure his watch will 'pass muster' on sale by being able to 'fool the experts' with it? Who knows... Who cares... We have bigger fish to fry than this

I hear ya, and I remember those days, tuff times. I don't think the dude meant harm with the jeweler. It was the brazen and belligerent attitude tword some who told him (for those not keeping up at home)

1. I just got back from a jeweler he had no idea my watch was a rep. I've already targeted a new dealer to hit next week.

2. Hey man, I need to point out that taking your rep into an AD is frowned upon

3. What, if i take 1 watch into a jeweler the world will fall apart?

4. Here is a copy if the rule, here is a thread where it's discussed more

5. I'm not violating the rules, I went to a jeweler not an ad

6. Alright man, but I think AD is part of it. Either way, you won't make many friends here, if you want to continue doing it

7. Well, friends can't tell me what to do, no one can tell me what to do.

8. Phoband called him names says he is ungrateful as you come take our info and refuse to play by the rules.

It goes on, I don't think locking this thread is a good idea. I think there IS important talk, like how to behave. You follow the rules. Don't tell me how ridiculous they are, I didn't write them. Don't try to lawyer out of them, don't attack me re them.

What's happened is you guys have empowered him and marginalized me (even more) whatever, I don't really care anymore. Due to recent developments, I will likely be killing phoband soon. US movements against online dealings are a serious signal.

Admins, Lock this thread down, for the good of the forum.

phoband.........take a chill pill and do your frustrations in PM with this dude, this aint helping the forum at all.

To the Admins - As a noob, and not a virgin to forums, you should have some say here and stop this BS

I hear ya, and I remember those days, tuff times. I don't think the dude meant harm with the jeweler. It was the brazen and belligerent attitude tword some who told him (for those not keeping up at home)

1. I just got back from a jeweler he had no idea my watch was a rep. I've already targeted a new dealer to hit next week.

2. Hey man, I need to point out that taking your rep into an AD is frowned upon

3. What, if i take 1 watch into a jeweler the world will fall apart?

4. Here is a copy if the rule, here is a thread where it's discussed more

5. I'm not violating the rules, I went to a jeweler not an ad

6. Alright man, but I think AD is part of it. Either way, you won't make many friends here, if you want to continue doing it

7. Well, friends can't tell me what to do, no one can tell me what to do.

8. Phoband called him names says he is ungrateful as you come take our info and refuse to play by the rules.

It goes on, I don't think locking this thread is a good idea. I think there IS important talk, like how to behave. You follow the rules. Don't tell me how ridiculous they are, I didn't write them. Don't try to lawyer out of them, don't attack me re them.

What's happened is you guys have empowered him and marginalized me (even more) whatever, I don't really care anymore. Due to recent developments, I will likely be killing phoband soon. US movements against online dealings are a serious signal.

Totally get where you're coming from, I thought it was a lousy attitude to take to someone, sadly, it's one I see more and more in 18-30 yr olds these days. Sure, it could have been over enthusiasm which didn't translate well through the written word, but again, there was no need for the hostility towards you. Again, I'm not saying this to be disrespectful, but to bring it to your attention in a respectful way, that some of your recent posts have not gone down well. I know that you meant well by them, but likewise, for some reason, something was getting lost in the written word, and some took those posts in a way other than what you meant. I'm just trying to point out as a mediator, not that you were in the wrong, but that you simply weren't coming across as you may have intended. That's not meant to marginalize you, or to empower anyone else: It's to give you a heads up so you can be aware of the situation as it appeared to others, is all :drinks:

Totally get where you're coming from, I thought it was a lousy attitude to take to someone, sadly, it's one I see more and more in 18-30 yr olds these days. Sure, it could have been over enthusiasm which didn't translate well through the written word, but again, there was no need for the hostility towards you. Again, I'm not saying this to be disrespectful, but to bring it to your attention in a respectful way, that some of your recent posts have not gone down well. I know that you meant well by them, but likewise, for some reason, something was getting lost in the written word, and some took those posts in a way other than what you meant. I'm just trying to point out as a mediator, not that you were in the wrong, but that you simply weren't coming across as you may have intended. That's not meant to marginalize you, or to empower anyone else: It's to give you a heads up so you can be aware of the situation as it appeared to others, is all

I totally understand man, I appreciate it, I really do. I just wanted to lay out the basic facts to contextualize the other comments. "this is not a battle imthink that we can win". (star wars 1)

This dude is apparently 40 according to his profile.

OTHER DUDES. Chill out with the "this thread needs to be closed".

There is no reason to close the thread. The admin team is quite wise, I have known most of them for 6 yrs. This is just another example of where The world appears to be flipped in its head. Forum members with 10/15,000 posts and 20yrs on the forum are disagreeing with dudes that have been here for 2 weeks and 3 yrs and other newbs feel inclined to pray for the thread to be locked. This is what I was talking about with the emasculation. I would never had dreamed of butting I. This type of situation. Even of you thought the old guys were nothing but trouble.

It's the same attitude that someone being on the forum for 2 weeks would feel the authority to mock community rules.

Feel like I've landed in an alternate universe. One that looks like mine, but made by Chinese workers making 2 cents an hour

Big A - fear not, phoband will be dead soon, but the dude behind the mask will still be available to friends.

• Like 1

It's sad when controversies like this come along. I didn't lock this down because our members are big boys and can handle themselves. Pho, stick around. Hear me?

I won't let some newbie come in here and act like that, then close the thread and let him think he won some kind of victory. Far from it, as our honorable gents have demonstrated by encouraging each other in the end. Other fora would have locked and banned right away but that's not how we roll here.

So troublemakers... it won't work here. We don't post rules to ignore them or dance around parsing syllables. We are grown-ups and act like it. We support each other. This is the best watch forum on the Web because it has the strongest members. It's far deeper than just a love of watches.

Good job, boys. You made me proud today. Now I'm going to go ban some people, at their own request.