When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

The Iwc Vault Has Been Dented...

Richard Tracy

I don't want to be the naysayer on this one, but I too was very enthusiastic about these new IWC models when they first came out... however, after examining pictures of the original, it appears that there are two telling flaws which clearly set them apart from the genuine article. Firstly, the spacing of the text near the day/date window is noticeably different from the original... Secondly, the "day" window displaying day of the week is often crooked, and not properly centered in the window. While these deficiencies are not likely to be noticeable the casual observer, it bugs me that the first flaw could have been avoided, if the manufacturer took a little bit more care in copying the dials. In this regard, I think both the Seamaster chrono and the Tag Heuer Link chrono are much closer to the real thing....

Just my two cents...:)

I think the size is also a bit small, seeing the newest gen at 42mm...and these at 39...

However I don't know if the older version gens are also smaller.. could be ??

I also suspect that these watches, unlike the Gst and Ingen, will have additional

generations of improvements.

I still love the look however, and see where Sinn got their inspiration,

and may I pick one, or two up...as the price is pretty fair... :D

I'll third the call for a good Aquatimer Chrono. I asked my friend to look out for one while he was in Beijing and he brought back a monster. Not even close, but interesting nonetheless.

142116-16713.jpg

Monster was to kind word :yucky: but yes they can make them but will thyey do it :g:

Josh should pull those...the dials look horrible...

meh... thumbs down from me. There's just too many obvious flaws to me.

Date windows, printing, bezel shape, hand size, dial color, pusher finish, numeral shape, triangle size, printing on the back, awful 8850 movement.

Next.

meh... thumbs down from me. There's just too many obvious flaws to me.

Date windows, printing, bezel shape, hand size, dial color, pusher finish, numeral shape, triangle size, printing on the back, awful 8850 movement.

Next.

Compared to the first and 2nd Utc offering.. I don't find these so bad as all that....

Then again I don't have a photographic memory, or a gen on one wrist and

a rep on the other...:whistling:..

I also don't have an allergy to Asian 7750s, they have been quite

good to me, even the older versions,... -_-