When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

anybody feel weird going from wearing a watch to not wearing a watch?

tyrantblade

I could very well be the youngest person here, and I have had a few watches, most were cheap and light, so if I ended up without a watch it wasn't a big change, then I learned about reps and rep forums (I didn't dare Just find a site and spend money, which probably would have been a waste of money), and I had a planet ocean, then I sold it and it kinda feels weird going from a heavy watch to no watch. Thankfully though I have a replacement on the way.

Many days I do not wear a watch at all..... I live in the mountains, and have no work or anything to attend, So I only hike with my dog and take the day as it comes. But I still love my watches and have a cabinet on the wall with all of them in. Take on one if im going somewhere "nice"..

I can't stand the knowledge of not having a watch on my wrist, I absolutely hate it. The only time I ever take a watch off, is if it is on a fabric/leather strap and I'm going to swim or have a shower, other than that, they never come off. If I take a watch off to do a modifcation, I'll put on another watch for the duration :bangin: For me, the weight of the watch is unimportant, I could be wearing a feather-light quartz, and not be able to feel the watch on my wrist, and that wouldn't bother me, but the feeling of looking down and not being able to tell what the time is, well, it really freaks me out... :bangin: I would love to carry a pocket watch, but even then, the lack of a watch on my wrist, still creeps me out :pardon:

I can't stand the knowledge of not having a watch on my wrist, I absolutely hate it. The only time I ever take a watch off, is if it is on a fabric/leather strap and I'm going to swim or have a shower, other than that, they never come off. If I take a watch off to do a modifcation, I'll put on another watch for the duration :bangin: For me, the weight of the watch is unimportant, I could be wearing a feather-light quartz, and not be able to feel the watch on my wrist, and that wouldn't bother me, but the feeling of looking down and not being able to tell what the time is, well, it really freaks me out... :bangin: I would love to carry a pocket watch, but even then, the lack of a watch on my wrist, still creeps me out :pardon:

I agree T...something about a naked wrist that makes me very uncomfortable. When I look at my wrist I want to see my watch...oh yea...and the time...almost forgot :pardon:

Try wearing your watch on the other wrist, no thats weird!!!!

That feels so wrong, makes me feel like I'm wearing someone else's watch :lol:

I agree T...something about a naked wrist that makes me very uncomfortable. When I look at my wrist I want to see my watch...oh yea...and the time...almost forgot :pardon:

For me, it's not so much seeing the watch, more a case of needing to be able to know the time. I'm not so OCD about it as to check my watch every five minutes, or one of those whackjobs who will continuously ask others what the time is, only to ask again moments later, but the idea of not being able to tell what the time is, well, it makes me feel worse than seeing an unorganized cutlery drawer, and that is one of my major peeves :D I'm not OCD, I'm just 'deliberately organized' :whistling:

Drives me nuts when I don't have one in

Feel naked and that I have no sense of time

That is precisely it...

I went without wearing one for ages (well about six months) a couple of years ago, it wasn't that I didn't have any, more that I would only put one on on the odd occasion.

I know it's blasphemy but I kind of relied on my phone for the time, and it wasn't really any bother! :D

It was kind of odd really why I did that, but when I went back to daily wearing it took a while to get used to the feeling of the thing on the wrist. But it was also quite liberating...when you come back to wearing daily you really appreciate what is a nice wearing, correctly fitting and comfortable watch from the big unnecessary lumps lugged around all day (yes big oversized watch fans that's aimed at you ;) )

I agree. I feel naked without a watch on. I'm not sure how I did it, but last week I left for work without putting one on. In the car I had an uneasy feeling that something wasn't right and that's when I realized I was watchless. I can't believe how much it affected me all day. I kept catching myself raising my wrist to look at my missing watch, even though I knew it wasn't there. The first thing I did when I got home was go straight to my watch box and put one on.

One of the first things I do when I meet another man is look at their watch. I get a very good gauge of someone based on their watch. No watch at all... I just don't get it!

I should start asking them for the time.

I absolutely love beautiful wrist watches. I still own more than a dozen. Looking down at my wrist just to revel in the looks of a Nautilus, or a Casablanca, or my AP Diver. Yet I often go weeks wearing no watch at all.

Actually never wore a watch at all from the time I was 21 until 58 yrs old. Then suddenly I went to buying 30 or 40 watches in 3 years.

A naked wrist doesn't bother me. Watches are jewelry, some days you wear it, somedays you don't.

Edited by jeff g