When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Zig Lume .. 3 years down the road.

Jkay

Here's a total darkness iphone camera shot of my DSSD with (almost) 3yr old Zigmeister lume, taken last night. Notice it's less than a 1 second exposure (no seconds hand movement) so it's not some lame time-exposure to make the lume look better than it really is.

Also, notice the red circle I've drawn on the image; I had to replace a cracked ceramic bezel on this DSSD, and replaced it with a NoobFactory stock bezel and insert, so unfortunately the pearl is no longer Zig-lumed.. This is how standard replica lume looks against SuperLuminova from Zigmeister.

post-22602-0-66570100-1329839201.jpg

Holy smokes!! I was at me best mate's house sampling single malt scotches over the weekend and stumbling home through the deep and dark Alaskan woods in the wee hours I heard a fearsome sound!

Looking around with my heart pounding in my ears, I spied a sinister BLUE GLOW off in the trees, blinking behind wolfish eyelids!!

It looked EXACTLY like your lume shot! AAAAaaaaaaaaaaaiiiiiiiiiiiieeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!

Yes, if you turn the bezel to a certain position, and depress the HeV, all of the lume dots project intersecting beams, ala the Death Star, capable of destroying a Fiat 500 (Gucci Edition)

True story, I've seen it happen.

That's gotta be some blinding lume at 3am.

No, there is no hitting but she does call me a [censored] for pointing the bright watch at her while she's trying to sleep.

Hah!

I now I can't get over the image floating in my head, of a grown man kneeling over his wife in the middle of the night, sporting a childish grin and pointing a rolex at her eyelids ;)

Focus everyone...focus...way off topic, bears in the woods with glowing eyes, death stars and Klingons, why does this always happen. :)

On a fresh charge, I can read a page in the complete darkness or see my wife's sleeping face. Then she wakes up and says "your watch is too bright."

So you have gotten 3 years of cheap entertainment with your lume, sounds like it was a good investment.

I find the wife's comments somewhat hard to believe, it's probably more like %$#$@#@#$ &&^%$%$&*( *&&^^ &^%$$ ...your watch is too bright...&(&*$%&$!&%%#&*&***#* or something along these lines...

Ah you've mistaken my meaning. Imagine a Viking soused up on akevitt running into the woods with a battle axe flailing it about wildly.

AAAAAAAIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!! DIE!!!!!!!!!!!

More like that. 8)

Holy smokes!! I was at me best mate's house sampling single malt scotches over the weekend and stumbling home through the deep and dark Alaskan woods in the wee hours I heard a fearsome sound!

Looking around with my heart pounding in my ears, I spied a sinister BLUE GLOW off in the trees, blinking behind wolfish eyelids!!

It looked EXACTLY like your lume shot! AAAAaaaaaaaaaaaiiiiiiiiiiiieeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!

Mmmmmmm.....scotch

Sweet...my 300th post was saying "Mmmmmmm.....scotch"

My dear departed Mormor loved Viking sewing machines, claiming she could sew stainless steel roofing together with hers.

It was a grey day in June when she actually tried this one year. She was doing alright, pumping the treadle like the hounds of hell were after her, she was well down one long run, making new roofing for my igloo when the unspeakable happened: the needle hit a hard spot and the whole works went sideways, catching her thumb in the machine and stitching right across the nail.

She shrieked, stood up with the Viking hanging from her bloodied thumbnail, and let loose with a string of Norsk expletives to turn your hair blue.

Remarkably, the exact shade of blue In the OP's lume shot.

How's that for bringing this back on topic? 8)