When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

TC Crystal Review, come and let me know what you think

cib0rgman

Here is TC Watch, I finally made some time to put it together, I ordered everything except the bracelet, Crystal and Insert. TC contacted me and offered me to send me a free TC crystal for free with the condition to do a review of the crystal. So here is the end result. I had also included a picture of my very first submariner back in 2005. this has improved 500%

sub031.jpg

I do not have a Gen, Clarks or BK crystal to compare so bear with me; Overall I think it looks good I like it because the date does not look to small or too big, I think the Gen makes the date windows look smaller. Perhaps someone with a gen Crystal can shine some light here. as for the watch itself Well there are plenty of review already here and there is no much I can say that has not been said yet. Good quality product and professionally pack even the hands come in a little envelope were they are glue so they will not move or fall. The only thing the members are complaining about is communication. TC may be slow but he delivers, so patience is a must with him. I think the Retaining need to be press down further as the bezel makes the crystal look un-even. this is a work in progress I am waiting for TC to come out with the prefect en-link bracelet, i am not sure that u can wait that long, I may order a bracelet in the meantime as I cannot wait to get this puppy on my wrist. I have added a lume shot which is up to par with the Gen insert. I messed up the hour hand and it bended a little and now to look weird I will order a replacement from TC, hopefully he has some extra ones. Now to the pictures.

Also I think the crystal looks to be the right Height not sure the gasket i need to ask TC.

WP_000039.jpg

WP_000031.jpg

WP_000033.jpg

WP_000029.jpg

WP_000037.jpg

WP_000035.jpg

WP_000036.jpg

Congrats on getting it together. :good:

To be completely honest with you, as it stands, if you sat down next to me at the Sushi Bar, or on an Airplane, I could easily tell it is a REP. (But 99% of the population couldn't tell).

Keep tweaking it... :good:

Congrats on getting it together. :good:

To be completely honest with you, as it stands, if you sat down next to me at the Sushi Bar, or on an Airplane, I could easily tell it is a REP. (But 99% of the population couldn't tell).

Keep tweaking it... :good:

we cant tell is a rep but who else

Thanks for the pics, very nice.

I am looking at a gen DJ1, M serial to match up the date font. I have no idea if these are supposed to have similar date fonts.

From what I can tell the font looks a tad too bold. Probably nothing you can notice on the wrist, but at least its not totally wrong.

For me, I got the bigger ETA2824 movement.

ditto

gen crystal washer is 2.7mm.

TC told me that is 2.7mm maybe it need 2.8

Guys can you fit whatever size gasket to these then? Where would I source the correct size from, would cousins uk have it?

I may get the correct size

Cheers

Ryan

Clarks ebay maybe

if you really want to go the extra mile you have to get an BK DW overlay -

the crystal hight is off - but im afraid its the bezel - it looks too fat 2 me ?

cheers,

Frank

Does BK sell juts the DWO overlay; about Bezel do you mean is too tall in other words too thick....

Does BK sell juts the DWO overlay; about Bezel do you mean is too tall in other words too thick....

yes he sells you the overlay - don't mention it for an TC watch ;)

(just kidding)

the bezel look a little thick - you can get an Clark crystal + correct gasket - its not so expensive and you will see if the crystal sits better ...

yes he sells you the overlay - don't mention it for an TC watch ;)

(just kidding)

the bezel look a little thick - you can get an Clark crystal + correct gasket - its not so expensive and you will see if the crystal sits better ...

That will be the 2.7mm Gasket?

Is the Clark crystal the best on the market? I'm guessing it doesn't have the crown @6 ?

All reps I've seen had really bad crowns @6, so I would in any case prefer no crown.

This is a nice picture I made from a gen Ex1-2002 crown with a microscope. B)

061124_LK_2a.jpg

Dee

Edited by DeeKa