When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Credit card payment

FDG

It probably is, but I think safer to use Paypal. I have been scammed and Paypal went to bat for me. They refunded my money and then persued the perp.

When using PP, follow carefully the instructions of the dealer. You CANNOT, for instance, put in the note: "This is for one each, fake Rolex 16610."

Edited for correction of bad mistake!

I think accepting Paypal on reps is a lot of risk only for the sellers.

I have a huge collection of gen Rolex and sometimes parts bought or even a watch with not so good images (no risk - no fun :inverted: ) was a fake sold a gen so I opened a claim with them. I only needed a watchmakers letter stating that the watch or part like bracelet is counterfeight to get my money back. I just had to sign that I destroyed the false items! Of course I opend the claim only afterr prior not getting it sorted out with the seller, but some wanted to loose the money.

But like this you can also act with a "normal" rep order...

Dee

I think accepting Paypal on reps is a lot of risk only for the sellers.

I have a huge collection of gen Rolex and sometimes parts bought or even a watch with not so good images (no risk - no fun :inverted: ) was a fake sold a gen so I opened a claim with them. I only needed a watchmakers letter stating that the watch or part like bracelet is counterfeight to get my money back. I just had to sign that I destroyed the false items! Of course I opend the claim only afterr prior not getting it sorted out with the seller, but some wanted to loose the money.

But like this you can also act with a "normal" rep order...

Dee

"Normal" rep...isn't that an oxymoron?

:pimp:

youre probably flagged and being monitored

I highly doubt that you are being flagged and monitored.. They are looking

for high volume dealers who are selling reps... This is why even the dealers

are using 3rd party billing companies. It costs them a lot more than PayPal

but they have no choice. Your deal is safe in my eyes, and I would not worry..;)

MM

I wouldn't worry either.. First because if you use paypal I higly doubt that you could open a claim stating that you rep does not work. You can only be refunded if you don't receive anything, which is the same thing you can do with your credit card issuers (Visa, MC, Amex etc..) Nothing less, nothing more. In addition you are their customer, so they are in your favour.

If you are afraid to get your credit card cloned or stolen, buy a prepaid credit card and recharge it only when needed, and your risk would be limited at the price you paid for the rep

These pre-paid credit cards, do they work for international transactions (from the US)?

Yes and no. The temporary prepaid card you get at the store will not work for international transactions. After you register the card with your personal information, they will mail you a permanent card that you can use for international transactions.