When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Opinion on Gen 16610 case

cib0rgman

If the projected price is $3600, you know it will come out to more with costs you dont expect to pay.

A complete gen, you can find in the low $4k area. Just keep looking, and you are bound to find a deal on a recent model. I am talking about 5-6 years old (so hopefully it has been serviced already to save you some cash)

If the projected price is $3600, you know it will come out to more with costs you dont expect to pay.

A complete gen, you can find in the low $4k area. Just keep looking, and you are bound to find a deal on a recent model. I am talking about 5-6 years old (so hopefully it has been serviced already to save you some cash)

I agree. Buying that only makes sense if you have a gen with bad case.

I bought my gen matte dial 16800 with 93150 bracelet last nov. for $3500.

Take a look at the 16610 case at Star Time. I purchased one; it appears to be 1:1 with the gen ($169), and it certainly takes gen parts.

Phong just engraved a 1991 serial number on it for me.

I think you'll come out ahead on your project (cost wise) with theirs.

I'm really looking forward to seeing this one finished, it would be great if this ones correct :)

Take a look at the 16610 case at Star Time. I purchased one; it appears to be 1:1 with the gen ($169), and it certainly takes gen parts.

Phong just engraved a 1991 serial number on it for me.

I think you'll come out ahead on your project (cost wise) with theirs.

who is start time?

To be fair I haven't handled a Sean or TC case.

Hopefully someone more experienced that I am can do that comparison.

I don't mean to be unhelpful on this; what I appreciate is how much help everyone in this forum contributes.

There is a thread on RG about this too, with some photo's and measurements I took of the case I purchased (the photo's are of poor quality).

You can search my screen name over there and find it. Curt was kind enough to host the pictures.

Garrett