When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Case Comparison (etaswiss vs. TC)

omgiv

These bezels from Eta swiss are really good!!!

Really good but as BK said, appearantly too small for a gen insert to fit without a bit of modding.

Fidhle007 built a Super Franken using the sean case.

I wonder if he had to do the same filing of the insert OD if it's a variation in the bezel........?

Edited by correctime

Also Fidhle fitted the insert as like gen..Maybe they have some variations...

Rsh also did in one long ago and it snapped like gen..

This is the first time i hear it..But BK knows what to do of course!!!

Edited by giobo

Here are the pics of the bezel on the ETASWISS sub I assembled.

ETASWISS bezel, long teeth

IMG_1355.jpg

wm9 v3 bezel, shorter teeth

IMG_1362.jpg

ETASWISS bezel on the left/tottom, wm9 on the right/top. Teeth clearly longer on the ETASWISS.

IMG_1383.jpg

This ETASWISS bezel has smaller than gen diameter so gen insert has to be filed smaller to fit in it. So which is better? Nice long bezel teeth or correct bezel diameter? But you really don't know what you will get, do you? omgiv's has correct bezel diameter but not this one I got. That's frustrating.

bk

Edited by bklm1234

• 2 weeks later...

pics of gen insert already fitted on the Sean/ETASWISS case

I trimmed the insert to a tight snap-on, no glue needed. Notice no cutting to the numbers on the insert. So not bad even trimming was needed.

IMG_1392.jpg

2 more pics to illustrate the nice long teeth of this slightly undersized bezel ring. If you can be assured you can get this particular bezel, go for it. It surely beats any rep bezels I have seen

IMG_1398.jpg

IMG_1402.jpg

bk

• 4 months later...

I did have a similar doubt when I posted exactly same questions some time ago. The experts here told me as what correctime mentioned.

I do not know the stem position for 3135 and 3035, but one thing I do know is the height of these 2 movements are different.

Do you have a gen 3035?

Thanks for the comps guys but I'm a newbie too.

I'd be interested in learning where the Sean case makes the extra depth/height to accept a 3035.

It looks to me as though the 3035 designed cases get the needed room by a shallower rehaut and a deeper, more concaved case back.

It plain to see the sean case has a gen acurrate 16610 depth of the rehaut.

How is the inside of the case back cut ??

Or will a sean case even accept a 3035 ?

I've did some looking and asking around.

Based on my findings I'd say if I were going to build a Super Franken, non-holed 16610 using a gen mvt and dial I'd opt for a Sean case with gen bezel assembly.

While a gen dial will fit the TC case, it seems the dial opening in the sean case is exact for the gen dial. (that makes for an easier install and a more secure dial)

It's safe to say that if you're going with a gen mvt. you'd go all gen everything with the exception of the mid case.

Expensive build (no doubt) but it would certainly be a one of a kind and it sounds like a very fun and gratifying project.

To me a build like that with everything gen but the case would essentially BE a gen.

But that's just what I would do.....IF I could afford to....which I can't. :(

A build like that would mean more to me than any gen I could buy.

It's all about the journey, my Brother......not the destination (though the destination "would" be very rewarding. :)

Please do keep us posted on your choice and progress.

Edited by correctime