When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

GooApple Iphone4 Clone. Anyone Got one?

plaifender

Hey guys,

I've been researching a lot and simply refuse to pay the 600-800 bucks that an unlocked(VERY important to me) apple Iphone costs.

I've been researching the GooApple Iphone clone for the past two months and it's quite incredible. Processing speed on the latest model is on par with an Apple 4 non-s (850mhz) and it's even got the retina display. Parts are mostly interchangeable and best of all.. it runs Google Android. It can be skinned with IOS but I prefer the straight Android interface.

Turn-offs:

1. Until now, the phone had to be rooted to install a new rom which got rid of some of the annoying Chinese text in certain areas of the UI

2. The latest V5 with retina screen was only available without 3G (complete turn off for me)

They finally released the v5 version with 3g a few days ago and I'm looking at purchasing this at android-sale.com (official developer of the phone). I've been reading a lot on XDA and a few other forums and for the most part, the phone gets great reviews for build quality, hardware and its ability to run Android. For 250usd and completely unlocked quadband.. it looks like an excelent phone that would fool any mac fan and performs great.

Here's a reviews of the GOOAPPLE V5 from Mandjay (a rom developer on XDA):

The new V5 3g version with straight Android UI: (released a week ago)

Pretty damn incredible what are chinese friends are capable of :)

why not just get a factory Android phone and be done with it ?

I'd love a Samsung Galaxy SII if they also weren't about 600 bucks unlocked.. Find me a phone with the processing ability, graphics, smoothness and great looks of this one and I'd say yes.. The only phone that comes close to the Iphone is probably the Galaxy S2 and this clone.. Not to mention.. the status factor of having an Iphone :) haha

id just want to add that if this is counterfeit/replica-area, must be since it looks like apples iphone, i would think it doesnt follow any radiation-restrictions.. u litterarly dont know whats working inside it, and it will be located beside your testies ;P in your pocket for a long period wouldt it?

agree with chronoluvvv, why not just get a cheaper android factory phone.. atleast then u know what u get.

my 2cents

id just want to add that if this is counterfeit/replica-area, must be since it looks like apples iphone, i would think it doesnt follow any radiation-restrictions.. u litterarly dont know whats working inside it, and it will be located beside your testies ;P in your pocket for a long period wouldt it?

agree with chronoluvvv, why not just get a cheaper android factory phone.. atleast then u know what u get.

my 2cents

There is so much radiation everywhere that I do not understand why would anyone worry about that....

I'd love a Samsung Galaxy SII if they also weren't about 600 bucks unlocked.. Find me a phone with the processing ability, graphics, smoothness and great looks of this one and I'd say yes.. The only phone that comes close to the Iphone is probably the Galaxy S2 and this clone.. Not to mention.. the status factor of having an Iphone :) haha

shop around, bud

ain't no one paying $600-$800 for a 6 month old S2 here

Heck dual-core Droids have been out since a year now, a full 6 months before the new iPhone showed up

If anything, its Apple playing catchup.

I did give Apple one last chance last month, the headache associated with even a simple unlock is just not worth it

shop around, bud

ain't no one paying $600-$800 for a 6 month old S2 here

Heck dual-core Droids have been out since a year now, a full 6 months before the new iPhone showed up

If anything, its Apple playing catchup.

I did give Apple one last chance last month, the headache associated with even a simple unlock is just not worth it

I don't buy used phones.. But the cheapest I've seen for a Galaxy sII is still around 580bucks new and unlocked. In any case.. this Gooapple costs 250 and comes unlocked with a real Retina screen.. not shabby.

Just buy the iPhone, you won't regret it. Just think about the service those guys give you. I dropped mine while on vacation in New York and the glass shattered, I walked into the Apple store, showed the guys from genius bar what happened.

The guy turns around right away and grabs me a new one.

Nuff said.

Just buy the iPhone, you won't regret it. Just think about the service those guys give you. I dropped mine while on vacation in New York and the glass shattered, I walked into the Apple store, showed the guys from genius bar what happened.

The guy turns around right away and grabs me a new one.

Nuff said.

I find it incredible that you can walk into the store with a phone that you broke yourself with no box, no papers, no receipt and walk out of the store with a brand new phone in hand. I can guarantee you that this would never happen in Madrid where I live.

As with anything, Iphones are susceptible to breaking.. why pay $600 or more for an unlocked phone when it can still get banged up and or broken or possibly even stolen.. I'd rather pay $200 for a phone that is great quality and still has the cool looks of the Iphone.

Try finding a Sony Xperia Arc S. They can be found for way under recommended retail prices, and is among the best phones available although it doesn't get a lot of attention from reviewers. You'll have a well-made, excellent performing and quite unique (don't see them that often) phone.

Edited by j3T

I find it incredible that you can walk into the store with a phone that you broke yourself with no box, no papers, no receipt and walk out of the store with a brand new phone in hand. I can guarantee you that this would never happen in Madrid where I live.

He must've had insurance

Bottom Line.. I've nver paid over 300usd for a phone. I also hate phone contracts (I have a non-contract plan with data through a company called Simyo). I don't plan on breaking either of those streaks soon.

Unlocked, all of the phones that have been suggested (Xperia, Gen Iphone, Galaxy II) are nearly double the price of my limit. I'm not sure why people are so willing to spend so much on a phone (of course some of you have paid less because you have a contract).

I was wondering if anyone had any first hand experience with the Gooapple. For the money, it seems to be quite a lot of phone and well constructed. For 250 I get a phone that performs as well as an Iphone 3gs and comes unlocked with Android Gingerbread based "IOS" or straight Gingerbread 2.3 without IOS skinning if I opt for it. Retina Screen (not many screens better) as well as a very decent camera with both forward and rear facing options.

Not to mention.. it looks like an iphone.. feels like a iphone.. can be replaced with many of the same parts as an Iphone.. but doesn't cost 600-800usd like an Iphone.

p.s. It also supports dual sim cards :)

Will there be any customs issues if you take the version with the gooapple logo on the back??

Drolson

from what i've heard.. the gooapple logo version just has a sticker of gooapple on the back and below is the apple logo. In any case... Customs wouldn't open up the package.. It comes in 100% apple packaging with Apple warranty, instructions, box and cable.

Shouldn't be any customs issues

in my limited experience, stuff that is called Goo-anything is rarely worth the trouble ;)

No but seriously I killed my dual-core LG G2x yesterday so I've been looking for a comparable Android device on my local CL while I wait for a free replacement to be shipped

Except for the Samsung Galaxy s2, little else compares or matches my G2x in terms of customization or performance

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi AstroAvia.. I ended up getting one. Very pleased with it.. although wishing I had waited. I have the Gooapple V5 3G.. two new models have come out in the last 2 months since I've had my phone which are faster and apparently have better battery life (my battery life is pretty abysmal). I never ended up doing a review because I frankly don't have time. But I'm pleased with the phone. Get comments on it all the time and the reaction from most people is disbelief that my phone is a replica. Mine is definitely not as smooth as an iphone 4s but it's at least as good as the Iphone 3gs' smoothness etc.

Anywas.. the new phone out are better than my Gooapple. The phones to get right now are the Goophone Y5 or the DAMI Y5... if you want info on where to get them from a trusted source.. I can refer you to a couple of forums.