When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

TC Sub with Clarks Crystal, 2.7mm Gasket, home made crystal press

cib0rgman

I installed a Clark's crystal yesterday and i used the 3.0mm gasket I think it lookd better than TC's Crystal, does it looks too tall on the profile

WP_000062-1.jpgWP_000068.jpg

WP_000065.jpgWP_000066.jpg

Here is the TC with the Clark's Crystal and the 2.7mm gasket which I think is spot on. i like it a lot.

WP_000084-1.jpg

WP_000083-1.jpg

Home made Crystal Press, I use the one to press down the ring and the smaller one to push the crystal out of the ring, make sure that protect the case and crystal in the process.

WP_000077.jpg

WP_000078.jpg

WP_000070-2.jpg

WP_000079.jpg

WP_000086.jpg

My first instinct was to also say that it was too high. I looked through my pictures, I think it is pretty close judging by the profile picture you posted. Here are a couple of profile pictures taken from an ad for a D series Submariner just for comparison. You can see that it sits pretty high just like yours. It looks like your pearl is cracked in the 3rd and 4th picture. Sorry about that if it is.

PICT3166.jpg

PICT3168.jpg

My first instinct was to also say that it was too high. I looked through my pictures, I think it is pretty close judging by the profile picture you posted. Here are a couple of profile pictures taken from an ad for a D series Submariner just for comparison. You can see that it sits pretty high just like yours. It looks like your pearl is cracked in the 3rd and 4th picture. Sorry about that if it is.

The pearl is fine is just the pictures

it looks much better - 2,95 would be perfect ;)

sadly that also proofs that the TC bezel is too fat.

cheers,

Frank

I have a 2.7mm gasket that I need to try, but i do not know how to remove the gasket from the crystal without breaking it

I have a 2.7mm gasket that I need to try, but i do not know how to remove the gasket from the crystal without breaking it

its just a white plasic ring - should not break

How difficult is it to do the crystal swap? What tools did you use?

you can find the construction somewhere here :

http://www.rwg.cc/topic/77782-my-euromariner-is-done/

case-opener, screw diver and crystal press is the minimum

cheers,

Frank

How difficult is it to do the crystal swap? What tools did you use?

is pretty easy, I made a crystal press by cutting a sprinkler head it has the right size, a couple of pieces of wood and a hand press

Here's a couple of shots with the gen crystal on 2.7mm gasket.

Shame I can't get the bloody retaining ring back on to be able to wear it! Any ideas guys?

Gen insert too btw.

Maybe I'll have to send it away to a modder for the final push!

I am going to post a picture tonight of how i made my own crystal press. Like I say before I used and sprinkler head that i cut, I am going to install the 2.7mm gasket and see how it looks.

Man I don't have a tc sub but bk is sending my TW with the gen xstal can't wait to see how it comes out :)

You're going to love it.

And you're also going to notice a slightly shorter crystal height.

Gen crystal is 1.8 and the TW is 2.0 and I noticed a difference the moment I dropped in a gen.

It'll be consistant with a gen 16610 where crystal height is concerned but it'll sit a bit lower than the TW crystal did.