When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

My Fifty Five Fathoms build

P4GTR

Just wanted to share a few pics of my FFF.

The watch, dial, caseback were all here so I decided to see if I was up to the challenge. Will I wind up with a FFF or a $65 scratched up dial, mini frisbee and broken Seiko 5?

The watch.

IMG_0144.jpg

The dial.

IMG_0146.jpg

The caseback.

IMG_0145.jpg

Like most of us, I'm not a fan of gold, but I really liked the looks of the gold bezel #'s against the gold accent dial on other FFF's I've seen. Good thing, because the only dial I was able to beg, borrow and steal to get was the no date gold 55. The other variations were all spoken for. No worries, this is what I was after.

Uncased the movement, pulled the hands and dial, then fitted the new dial. Pretty straight forward.

IMG_0148.jpg

Painted the second hand tip red, put it all back together, and it works! unsure.gif

IMG_0151.jpg

IMG_0152.jpg

IMG_0153.jpg

Soon I'll have to sort out a strap for it, but that will have to go on the back burner while I make straps for YOU PEOPLE. ;)

IMG_0154.jpg

Slightly confused here Gran. Just showing me the Singapore Seiko club thread on this or am I missing something?

Beatiful build, great work!! Seen some of these over at HF, but this really stands out. Being totally noob at Seikos, which models nbrs work for dial an cb replacements? Tried googling Seiko5 once but got stuck, sorry and thanks :)

Thanks! These FFF are modded from base SNZH57K models

Slightly confused here Gran. Just showing me the Singapore Seiko club thread on this or am I missing something?

No confusion at all. Great looking and well made watch it is. :) its just a link for the other members to look at a similar project