When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Ok, who wants to start updating the replica guides?

By-Tor

Long time no see.

I haven't had much time to spend on the forum, or the Internet generally.

I'm pretty much clueless of what has happened in the rep scene in the last 1.5-2 years and all my old Omega/TAG/Breitling Guides are grossly outdated. I feel bad about it. Too many things happened to me lately... bought a house, got a son who's now two years old, lots of work, etc. The usual blues...

Who wants to take full responsibility for them and update them... and maintain them as well? Unfortunately I don't have time for that anymore.

That doesn't mean I don't have time to be on the forums. Au contrary, I hope I can now visit here regularly. I just don't have it what it takes anymore... the knowledge. I have no idea what has been released lately... all I know that those guides used to be helpful... but they're not helpful if they only contain outdated information.

Thanks in advance.

BT

Whilst I am certainly not experienced enough to update your guides BT, can I just say that for all us noobs here that your guides are still a wealth of information and after reading we can put the rest together ourselves if we need to ;) the guides are still really useful !

Good luck to whoever takes this challenge on :inverted: and best wishes to you BT from all us noobs!

I can help with the Omega, although you should note I'm not a native English speaker and my availability is uneven as well. In any case I'd suggest having a few forumites per guide so in case one drops the ball the others can continue. Plus it could be a fun collaborative experience.

Apropos, the IWC guide need urgent update as well. SD4K anyone?! :)

• Like 1

Thanks guys, it's appreciated.

The one who maintains them must have a lot of knowledge about the current releases. That's the whole idea of those guides... to advice and help new users.

Ideal situation would be to get someone who's really passionate about the brand, like Importr = Breitling. :)

i am very passionate about watches in general with 15 years in the jewellery and watch trade i can handle my own with gens I will spend the next few months getting to know all the rep factory's and trusted dealers il get watches as much as i can to build up knowledge to help out who ever it doing the list

Given the speed to market these days or the new reps and all the V1, V2, Noob, H-Factory, etc, this is a rapidly moving target.

The general membership seems to be doing a great job getting posts/reviews up quickly after release.

I think the old method of an "Expert Reviewer" is quickly being replaced with a "Crowd Sourced" forum post methodology. All that is needed is enhanced forum moderation and pinning of best of breed reviews.

Just my .02,

I wonder if using the Wikipedia format of publically editable listings would work well in this case. That way there is not only one maintainer, and people can add info as they feel the urge to contribute. Of course, in this format there is always someone needed to guard against false or malicious info being added.

• Like 2

there are a lot of great reviews around, I think just updating the links and adding them into the guide would be a great way to update them with not too much time required.

There already is a master guide to the best reviews. It's maintained by Onzenuub since 2009 ..