When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

USPS problem.. need help

Erict719

I have a wm9 shipping to me from ponchatoula to Hong Kong,china.

I only have the customs declaration number to track.

It only shows from the feb 25th, its in stransit to sorting office.

from that day on, nothing update,

I have called and the USPS , they said flat rate international mail will not include tracking numbers....

I mean..WTF.. why not the sender pay a few bucks more to add a tracking on the mail.

its a expesinve watch.

Does anyone have this experience before, and what did you guys end up doing to find your watch?

now its march 6.. I thought the gurantee time is 6 - 10 business day.

That's correct. As soon as it leaves the US you're in limbo. I think the only way to get tracking outside US is with buying insurance.

Also the USPO offers no guarantees on delivery times. Once it leaves their hands, they have no control. It may be in HK Customs for weeks. How would they know?

If you want to track an International Item from the US to overseas, you have to upgrade the shipping - around $25-$30. Otherwise, if you post First Class, all you will receive is the Customs Declaration number. Once it leaves the US - it can take up to -6-10 days to ship, but not necessarily delivered. Keep in mind, the destination's country needs to sort, customs, etc.

That's correct. As soon as it leaves the US you're in limbo. I think the only way to get tracking outside US is with buying insurance.

Also the USPO offers no guarantees on delivery times. Once it leaves their hands, they have no control. It may be in HK Customs for weeks. How would they know?

If the Hk customs hold it for weeks, will they not release since it's a fake watch?

or will they at least have letter to me, If this happens?

If you want to track an International Item from the US to overseas, you have to upgrade the shipping - around $25-$30. Otherwise, if you post First Class, all you will receive is the Customs Declaration number. Once it leaves the US - it can take up to -6-10 days to ship, but not necessarily delivered. Keep in mind, the destination's country needs to sort, customs, etc.

Should of use fedex or ups...

They wouldnt know if its fake unless they open up the package.

I have shipped stuff from US to Canada which took about 14 days to deliver; US to Italy about 20 days, US to Germany - over a month.

There's really nothing that can actually predict the exact time it will take to deliver an item overseas.

works the same way going the other direction too. I ordered some parts from raffles-time. Three days from Singapore to New York, which I thought was good. Five days (so far) in New York with no updates to the status.

Patience is definitely needed in the rep game ... ;)

They wouldnt know if its fake unless they open up the package.

I have shipped stuff from US to Canada which took about 14 days to deliver; US to Italy about 20 days, US to Germany - over a month.

There's really nothing that can actually predict the exact time it will take to deliver an item overseas.

My watch is jut wrap in those see through bubble plastic.. will they unwrap my watch to check?