When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Fairly Cheap Tudor 9411

jmb

Out of curiosity I ordered one of the fleabay $89 Snowflake Date dials and got it in last week. Today I finally got around to cobbling it together and I was pleasantly surprised with the results. This started life as a Cartel 5512 and has only some simple mods. Here's the build facts:

Case - Cartel 5512/5513 case with CGs trimmed and slimmed.

Crystal - Clark 25-125

Hands - Fleabay

Movement - DG2813 from Borel

Dial - Fleabay

Bracelet - Stock Cartel bracelet that came on the 5513

Crown - Gen

Tube - Yuki

I glued the dial and spacer to the movement, broached the ETA hour/minute hands and crimped the sweep hand. I have not found any specific a21j Snowflake hands yet or I would not have broached the ETA set. But, I'm pretty happy with the hand length on these so I guess it was worth a little extra effort. The build was straight-forward with nothing new or exotic to expound upon so here's a couple pics of how it turned out - just a few 'cause the Cartel case has been flogged to death since it's release. This is more about the dial than the build.

post-24124-0-03360900-1331155012.jpg

post-24124-0-25233100-1331155119.jpg

post-24124-0-78586500-1331155175.jpg

That magnification on the date looks kinda huge.

Yeah, it is, but I like it. I can actually read the date without looking for my specs...

Hayden - probably a little over $200...

Chi, it seems very close when compared to the pictures I've compared it to. These hands, also, seem to be very nice concerning length and the "bubble" placement on the sweep hand. I think for $89 it's a super buy...

Thanks, K, I feel pretty happy with it for not using a high-dollar "professionally refinished" dial! Putting an extremely magnified shot of this dial next to a close-up of the "Jewelery and Watch" dial ($265 +shipping) I can see no difference...