When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

TC case with lugholes

josechano

1...If you assume that genuine submariners with open lug holes and SEL bracelets used the exact same SEL bracelet as submariners with blind lug holes...the holes in the lugs will be at the same exact location on both types of cases.

The question is...did both case types use the same exact SEL bracelet? I do know that open hole/SEL cases were slightly different from regular stamped hood cases as they had a groove machined in them to hold the SEL in place.

Here are some good pictures of an SEL case with open holes.

The three piece 801 SEL is also clearly pictured.

http://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=115588&drgn=1

2...Assuming again that a TC case is made to genuine specs...the lug holes for either a genuine spec SEL bracelet or genuine spec bracelet with stamped hoods should match when drilled all the way through the lugs using the original blind lug holes for reference...but only if #1 is true and I do not know.

Another catch being that some replica SEL bracelets may not fit a genuine/genuine spec case and some replica bracelets with removable stamped hoods might not fit a genuine/genuine spec case either. One good thing is that removable stamped hoods can easily be modified to fit by grinding if there is enough metal where needed.

I agree it should work. When Jmb drilled the lugholes in my SSD we were concerned the original SEL bracelet would not fit and assumed we'd have to use an open endlink bracelet instead. It ended up both bracelets fit fine.

On reps nothing is ever a constant! I have ordered a couple SEL bracelets from my parts guy and he told me that he couldn't guarantee that a bracelet from "Factory A" would line up with a case from "Factory B". I rather believe him on that fact as I have a couple newer sty;e DJ bracelets that I have no cases they will fit up to...

I am planning to drill lugholes to my TC case, need some advice.

Does the the gen bracelet 93150 could fit Ok? what about the gap?

What happens with the existing lugholes? should be drill in the same spot as the ones already there?

Actually this will work I installed 501 on TC case as a test, it does fit well. Of course I forgot that there is no lug holes so I had a hard time getting them off the case lucky me I did not have the bracelet on, just the endlink.