When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Why oh why, USPS

triplehd

So, getting a package sent to me from Canada (used Camera parts). Not only does it clear customs and processed at the local USPS by the airport, but instead of coming to me today, tracking says that its being processed at the PO in Colorado !!! Oh WTF.

Sorry - need to rant.

Similar thing happened to me. I later put two and two together and realized USPS and FEDEX seem to have some air freight/logistics partnership. My package somehow got routed thru and around the FedEX system before getting put back into the USPS system. A priority mail package that normally took 2 days took 2 weeks to find me.

Well, the seller inputted the wrong zip. I called USPS and they had confirmed that it digits were off from my home zip code. Hence, the reason why it was routed to Colorado as it may be on its way back to Canada.

Ugh - i should have been wearing my new watch right now.

When this happens (wrong zip code) the supervisors are supposed to look up the correct zip and correct it. Then it would be rerouted to you instead of returning to the original sender. That is IF they catch it? I have to do this almost daily at my office, between people putting in the wrong zip codes and some handwriting that is so bad you can't even decifer ONE WORD of the address to fix it!

Well, not sure what happened in Colorado, but the watch made it safe and sound to me yesterday. Only problem - got it hit with a nice bill from the autoshop. Damn thieves. Now, might have to put this on the market - catch & release.