When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

startime case 16610 w/ lugholes

stilty

I read a bit about others who have purchased the star time replacement 16610 case.

I bought one a while ago. Fairly inexpensive. $160 if I remember correctly. You get a discount if you order online as opposed to calling in an order.

I threw on a gen bezel assembly and clarks crystal. also used a gen dial, gen date disc powered by an ETA 2892-A2. I used my ETA 2982-A2 to 3135 movement holder. Everything fits perfectly. Case is sterile, so no markings, but that doesn't mean anything to me.

Here are some quick n dirty pics that I took with my phone. I only cropped and resized them.

Here is a face shot showing the rehaut.

rehaut.jpg

crown position and guards

crownc.jpg

Here is a lug hole shot

lughole.jpg

Here is a side shot

sideprofile.jpg

sterile between the lugs

sterilecase.jpg

some shots of the back

backofcase.jpg

backqr.jpgopencaseo.jpg

I fit a 78360 w/ 580 hoods, and they fit perfectly. I don't have a spare 93150, otherwise I would have installed one and took some pics. But what I really like, is how perfect the lug holes are. Bracelet snapped in no problem. Unlike other cases like Phong, Yuki, etc, I have always found fitting a bracelet a chore. This case is perfect in that regard.

Definitely not a keeper. Lugs look a bit chunky to me. Eventually, I'll probably just use this for a sterile watch. I have a cool MKII dial, that I bought, when he was still selling parts. I'll probably just install it on a 2824-2 with black date disc, install an aftermarket bezel, or maybe find a nice fixed bezel. Remove the cyclops, or maybe install an acrylic crystal. I have a sterile crown as well that I will use.

i ordered a few of these today plus some other bits i hope to have a few franks built this year 2 rolex 2 Tudor im doing the easy part just now and getting some easy parts lol

will need to begin my hunt for gen parts soon

Here are a few more pics that I took today... again, just resized and cropped pics from my phone.

as requested, here is a face shot. (is this what you were looking for?) I can tell you the dial cutout in the case is for a gen dial.

faceha.jpg

here is a profile shot of the other side

rearside.jpg

And funny enough, I do have a spare 93150! Who knew? Here is the fit between the lugs.

endlinkfit.jpg

Here is the fit from the back:

rearfit.jpg

I love lug holes.

lugs.jpg

These cases are available from Star Time Supply in Texas. I see they now have a 16800 case for sale! They also sell some solid gold cases as well.

These are replacement aftermarket cases, no stamping or branding anywhere. And yes, they are made to fit genuine rolex movements. (or ETA's with the proper movement holder)

And the case accepts genuine rolex parts. :)

http://store.startimesupply.com/merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=1&Category_Code=1_07_1D_Rolex_Case

Edited by stilty

Engravings would be cool. Specially for a custom serial number. I'm ordering the 5513 bezel assembly and insert to see how they go. Maybe I can finish my Snowflake after all. ;)

Holding off on this 16610 case in lieu of the bezel assemly issue. I need to know if the star assembly is correct.

E

they have some other nice parts too ... i like the price of the vintage bezel assembly

I bought one. Let's see what it looks like in real life and how it fits. I wonder if that assembly would fit the 16610 case

Who does engraving again?