When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

startime case 16610 w/ lugholes

stilty

A gen eta 2836-2 fits perfect in that case. With a raffles ring. I'm very upset because after reshaping the lugs and fitting the TC v3 perfectly. The Clark's bezel pops off the insert. Same thing with a gen. 90% done! But couldn't take it on the trip. :(

So to clarify, does a Raffles movement ring fit in a Startime 16610 case with a 2836 movement? If so, which ring? Thanks.

The 2836 is too thick for the Sean case, you need a 2824 or 2892 to line up the stem.

Pardon my ignorance, but which one is the Sean case? I was hoping to be able to use one of Raffle's rings in one of the Startime cases. Either this one or this one.

Fidhle007, I completely forgot to get back to you about the movement ring because I got sidetracked with another project that isn't going the way I want, so I'm back to this case. It sounds like Ephry73 fit a 2836 into the $170 Startime case with one of Raffle's movement rings. If this is the case then that would be great.

Another quick question for anyone that might know. Do both of the cases I linked to have drilled lugs?

Edited by m.and

I might politely add that it may prolong the availability of these particular cases if the name isn't mentioned and links to his site aren't posted on any of the rep Forums.

A simple google search by him can reveal alot.... and he'll pull the plug....he "doesn't" share our enthusiasm where rep building is concerned :)

He really doesn't care for the rep world at all...................just sayin'.

Edited by correctime

I might politely add that it may prolong the availability of these particular cases if the name isn't mentioned or links to his site posted on any of the Forums.

A simple google search by him and he'll pull the plug....he doesn't share our enthusiasm where rep building is concerned :)

........just sayin'.

Makes sense. I removed the links to the site in my most recent post, but I am unable to remove the links from my previous post.

And PM sent to you correctime.

Makes sense. I removed the links to the site in my most recent post, but I am unable to remove the links from my previous post.

And PM sent to you correctime.

That's very cool of you Brother.

I certainly wasn't directing that at anyone in particular...it's not like there haven't been several Threads or posts naming that particular case over the past few years.

It just stands to reason that the more it's mentioned the greater the risk of someone saying the wrong thing to him...it's bound to happen sooner or later :(

PM received and returned.

Thanks Brother.

Just got back to the states. Unfortunately I have to take new pictures of the setup as my wife got the gopro in the water by accident. The startime case WILL work with an Asian or gen 2836-2 and the raffles time movement ring for the 2836. There are no numbers for them but I'll measure.

I used the startime crystal ring holder and the Clark's bezel. No issues there tighter fit of the bezel. The gen insert fell out while I was using it around the house.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Thanks Fidhle.

Basics for now(I will post a full build with more details when I get the gen parts sorted):

ST 3035 case(Softened, lugs re-drilled for better fit. Repolished and aged case)

ST crystal retainer, click spring and bezel and gen spring washer

Gen 16800 insert and pearl(Pearl was switched to SL to match the TC dial)

Gen 2836-2 with TC V2 DWO

TC 16610 SL Dial and hands

BK movement adapter

Gen 703 Crimped crown and Gen tube

Clark's crystal (2mm with 3mm, but switched to a 2.85mm gasket later)

Gen 2mm spring bars

93150 bracelet, with correct clasp markings, etc... with aftermarket 501B end links(End links had to be reworked and reshaped to work as these are WSO units--I know I know) in the picture the end links are actually 285 gen ones from my 5514 parts bin that I used to wear the watch.

TC V3 93250 bracelet to alternate

Fully water proofed and tested now goot to just past 4 ATM(If I can get a bigger container/pump I can definitely go past it, although diving the watch has gone to 47' max after changing the crystal gasket)

Once I get my gen dial and movement setup sorted i will transfer the TC parts and movement to a BK case.

That's a great looking watch E! Congrats. Now i need to get going on mine and finsih it (same ST3035 case)

@Dizzy- as you can see, Ephry used the 16800 case- rehaut is decent- along the lines of the old model noobmariner subs, but with a gen-like bezel assembly and a Clark's crystal, the look is spot on to a gen- like the Euros, WM9 and TW best.

You know Ylfig, if that's a WM9 case or TW best, I'd stick with what you've got- it's got lugholes which look fine and the 'Swiss Made' dial is later anyway. Even if you put a tritium dial in there, you could call it an early 16610- I've seen the earliest 16610s with the open 6/9 datewheels like the 16800s- maybe ran for a year or so and Rolex changed to the closed 6/9s. Now days even a replacement DW for a 3035 movt has closed 6/9s. And a 3035 DW turns one direction and the 3135 goes the other.

E: I for some reason can´t edit that post so if an ADMIN sees this and can help out that would be great.

I think it has something to do with me posting it on Tapatalk on the phone.

AG: I believe it´s a Sean case (but it really is a mystery). The thing is that it is basically mostly gen except the case (which still could be anyways).

It has a gen 3035 in it so I kind of want to have it as a "16800".

Unless someone has a 3135 they want to trade for a 3035 :inverted:

Edited by Ylfig

AG: I believe it´s a Sean case (but it really is a mystery). The thing is that it is basically mostly gen except the case (which still could be anyways).

It has a gen 3035 in it so I kind of want to have it as a "16800".

Since you've got a 3035 in there Ylfig, I would work on a correct dial- like a relumed tritium dial and hands and call it a 16800. Or you could even go with the Yuki 16800 matte dial and hands. Swapping to a ST3035 case isn't going to really be any better than the case you have right now. Now if you were to happen upon a used gen 16800 case, that would be a different matter.

I've thought of that but as this is a gen dial and technically could have been a service replacement on a 16800 (correct me if I'm wrong) I don't really see that as that pressing.

Unless I find a gen 16800 mid case and back of course. I found one a couple of months back but it was just too much at the time. Kind of wish I had bought it now though.

With regards to the 16610 vs 16800 case - is there any real difference in the mid case other than the rehaut depth?