When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

startime case 16610 w/ lugholes

stilty

• 1 month later...

Well E, I finally assembled my ST3035 case with the relumed 16800 matte dial over the weekend

photo-18.jpg

Sorry for the bad pics, I've gotten lazy with my iPhone.It was a bitch getting the gasket under the crystal retention ring to stay put. The 29-337 gasket from Clarks didn't fit w/o stretching and then it broke. So I went to a 325 gasket and stretched it and siliconed it in there. The gen bezel insert did snap in the bezel but I had to file the inside of the bezel so that it would turn- it's still stiff and needs another round of filing. Lugs are thick and too tall on the ends. I compared it with my gen 16800 matte dial which is on the bottom in this next pic.

photo-16.jpg

The gen 593 end pices are too flat for the ST case, but I can work on that. Don't know if I'll try to flatten the ends of the lugs yet or not. The flat line at the crown guards needs to be smoothed over

photo-19.jpg

Getting the 2834-2 in the case with the Raffles time #2 ring was a bitch- should have filed the outside of the ring down some. Might have even moved the dial slightly because the DWO was better centered when it was in the noob case. Gen crown and a WSO tube are working fine, but I'm probably going to need another longer stem- I can wind the watch, but it would be nice if the crown came out about another mm to do so. ST 3035 on the left, gen on the right below

photo-17.jpg

Right now I'm just enjoying the watch. Don't know when I'll take care of the little tweaks or have it tested for WR at the watchmalers. I certainly do like the gen bezel assembly over the slightly smaller noob bezel assembly- just makes for a nicer watch.

Edited by alligoat

• 1 month later...

The ST3135 SHOULD have lug jokes and if you had the case it is easily checked.

Alli, I you get tired of the watch I can hold it for you and check it for water tightness. Heck, I have a dive trip scheduled for the spring and the watch can come along for underwater pictures ;)

• 6 months later...

Update on ST cases, I just got back from my dive trip and CAN confirm that the cases are gen like in every way. Dove to 75 feet with the 16610 on and no issues whatsoever. Sturdy and resilient. Also went down with the 6309 on a separate dive and had a blast.

With the 16610 walked into the AD and not one issue :)

• 4 weeks later...

Well E, my 3035 case is WR! 3-4 atms at the watchmakers and doing fine in the saltwater, but not to any great depths yet- doubt I'll make it diving this year.

photo-27.jpg

My Euromariner is also doing well and WR- put a WM9 dial in there w/ some TC SL hands and it glows well at night. It's the A serial case with lugholes and a nice 93150 with 501B end pieces- the bracelet really fits the case beautifully.

photo_zps7d2c0c69.jpg

Their 3135 case has holes. We need to change the name to ST in the title. Something tells me they are spydering their way through looking for US.

Alli, you have to get your water time man. The 16610 I built is awesome. Only thing missing now is a nice gen 3135 date disc. Took it diving and didn't even rinse it just to see. No rust or spots.

I would love to get my hands on a euro mariner case though. I have always wanted to see one and build a decent watch with.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I know this is an old thread but I was hoping you could help me.  I have been looking on startime for ages, but for the life of me, I cannot find any watch case sets on there.  Do you have a link?

I know this is an old thread but I was hoping you could help me. I have been looking on startime for ages, but for the life of me, I cannot find any watch case sets on there. Do you have a link?

Just do a search for 3135 case - it will show uo

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2