When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Iwc Gst Ti

RobbieG

I just bought a gen 7750 for $208USD which is a direct drop in for The Zigmeister. That way I have only spent slightly more than the service cost for the Asian 7750 with no oil...The ETA's are fine out of the box for 4-5 years. You may want to consider doing that too. If the datewheels don't swap (The Zigmeister and I are hoping they do) those can be sourced at Jules Borel for around $14USD each for Day and Date. The font is the same. Food for thought if you intend to keep the watch a lifetime - I'm sure you will want to when you get it. Ask Pug if you don't take my word for it...he is :Jumpy:

Rob

• 1 month later...
I just bought a gen 7750 for $208USD which is a direct drop in for The Zigmeister. That way I have only spent slightly more than the service cost for the Asian 7750 with no oil...The ETA's are fine out of the box for 4-5 years. You may want to consider doing that too. If the datewheels don't swap (The Zigmeister and I are hoping they do) those can be sourced at Jules Borel for around $14USD each for Day and Date. The font is the same. Food for thought if you intend to keep the watch a lifetime - I'm sure you will want to when you get it. Ask Pug if you don't take my word for it...he is :Jumpy:

Rob

Pugs says the hands don't fit on the ETA 7750 which is strange because the gen dial fit perfectly . I wonder if Ofrei has them?

Sean K

I'm sure you will want to when you get it. Ask Pug if you don't take my word for it...he is :Jumpy:

I'm looking for a gen 7750, and hands. Without the gen hands (or generic ones) the swap won't work as asian hands don't fit gen 7750s.

Regardless, my Ziggified movement will last long enough for the hands to become available. :D

• 2 weeks later...

In regards to hands... When I embarked on my PVD 196 / 7753 project, I ordered a set of 188 hands from Davidsen.

They did not fit, so I am thinking there may be a slight variation between the asian 7750 and the gen VJ7750/7753.

Maybe our resident experts can comment on this.