When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Best AR Re-Coating in Europe?

Magic

Hi there,

I'm new to this forum and I've been reading a lot on AR coating lately but lost the way big time on where to get the best properly double AR Re-Coating for my IWC Sapphire in Europe including 100% removing on old AR so no yellow tint will be left.......

Please advise me were to go to get best professional result out there including total price!

Thank you!

Kind regards,

Edited by Magic

Thanks for the reply!

I contacted Uwe he could only do gold tone not blue like original :(

do you know were they can do this?

Would anybody be so kind to post some pictures on Uwe coating comparing to Chieftang and latest Taka!

Kind regards,

BTW Love this Forum!!

Edited by Magic

Here are some pictures Uwe sent to me after double-AR treatment (please contact me, if that's a problem).

That's my Seiko Spirit SARB033. It is supposed to have one-sided AR from stock, if indeed it does, it's really, really weak.

I'm totally happy with how it turned out, definitely worth every penny. Spirits are generally very good bang for the buck, imo this one is on par with some older Omegas (I think 2500 Aqua Terras for example - a watch I sold due to lack of AR btw), with double AR treatment even better. I wouldn't worry too much about the gold hue, you will rarely notice (at least I don't, and I constantly glance at my watches ;)).

Uwe's turn-around time is awesome, I think all in all it took 1 1/2 week, from my experience no one can compete with that. The coating is very, very high quality and very tough.

msg-24760-0-67352900-1334519160.jpg

msg-24760-0-65931500-1334519147.jpg

msg-24760-0-08722600-1334519135.jpg

Taka is MIA - or back ? not an option atm anyway - but he knew how good AR coating had to look like ;)

Fine DDs coating looks like from an optician for glasses - not what i would prefer on a watch :) im sucker for the blue hue :)

Domi now offers AR - sadly didn't have the chance to see it in RL yet ....

cheers,

Frank

Hi Again,

I've contacted Taka droped a service thru his website and send out my Sapphire.......

@Star69 why is Taka not an option atm?

Keeping my fingers crossed getting my sapphire with new AR-Coating back...

keep you posted.

Little panic here atm because I haven't found a way to get a new sapphire for my IWC 3756.... If any body know were to get it Please inform me!

Kind regards,