When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

what the hell

alifizan

Wtf, I've barely had my Trevor time dssd a couple of days and I've noticed today that under the dome sapphire crystal there appears to be what can only be described as lots of tiny tiny almost like air bubbles,I thought at first it was dust on the outside of the crystal but then when I wipedit realised it's under the crystal,I can't believe my luck, if anyone could give me some advice as to why this occurred or could this just be a faulty watch from Trevor

I think your right, what do you think I should do next, should I send it back to Trevor as I've only had it a or wait till I send it to pbdad for the mods and see if he'll seal it

did you have a bath with it? it's a worry if its condensation cos you dont know what it is doing with the movement

Heat or steam from the shower could be the reason, it doesn't take much to get into the watch to cause the crystal to be completely covered with the "mist". It could be a number of places where it got in. Could be the HEV valve, crown gasket damaged, improperly pressed crystal, etc. PB can take of all of these issues.

Remember that PB will have your watch for about 6 to 10 weeks with his current backlog, that gives you some time to continue saving up because he won't let you pay him until it's done and has passed the W/R test anyway.

It's really [censored] me off because I've barely had it a week and already problems, it really is a game of chance, the first rep I got I've had for six months and I've never had a problem with it and I only paid 148 dollars for it,I paid 215 for this deep sea, guys do you know if there is any decent modder in the uk,i really dont wanna have to wait six to eight weeks for the watch to come back to me, im really impatient lol

You would be surprised how much more silver and perfect a stainless steel watch looks after it has been in soap and water. Your body oil turns it gray and dull.

I wash my watches with soap and water when they get dirty... or when I dive with them, or get food on them when I'm cooking, or whatever. It's not like I'm afraid to get my watches dirty or wet. I just think it's weird to wear a watch in the shower.

I've always showered with my watch on, most people do

I'm sure some do, but I don't think "most" do. I've showered with a lot of women and none of them ever wore a watch in the shower. Haven't showered with many men since I left the military, but even then most of us hung our watches on the towel hook.

Back on topic, you should not shower with a rep until you've checked the waterproofing yourself.

Guys I think my problem is physiological lol, when I was a kid saw James Bond on TV and he was showering with his watch and I think ever since I've done the same and jkay is bang on the money,a watch always looks cleaner and shinier after a good shower thats actually the other reason i shower with watch on

It should be the case then that when you are washing your hands you take off the watch and soap it up and give it a private shower.

I was always told to do this on watches with bracelets as the gunk that gets in between the links is what causes abrasion and wear in these areas.

Likewise, as a child, I saw that Bond never took his watch off, so have just always followed that example :) Sometimes if I'm in a hurry in the morning I find it's useful to keep my watch on in the shower so I can keep track of time rather than just enjoying the soak and then running late :lol: With regards the topic condensing, I would hope that a recent generation DSSD HEV would be at the very least water resistant, even if not functional, so I'll put my guess on a breach on the crystal gasket. I recently had a similar issue, I suspect the crystal on my 16610 had a bead of epoxy in addition to the gasket, which me removing the crystal to re-align it must have broken, as it began condensing in a similar manner :bangin: I replaced the rear gasket, but also ran a bead of superglue round the crystal gasket just to go 'belt and braces' on it, and that immediately solved the issue :victory:

I wouldn't be sure that it is related to water.

In my DayDate I found a lot of little "bubbles" of which I think they are little glass balls used for media blasting and may have come into the case due to the poor cleaning of parts.

You can spot them on this photo, mainly on the caseback:

IMG_7381-3_a.jpg

Dee

Guys another thing I forgot to mention or I thought was not important but now realise from reading your posts it's that I noticed the bezel is slightly lost, its not right like my other watches, there's a bit of play in it, if you touch it it sightly moves side to side, it doesn't have that solid tight feel, could water be getting through this and under the crystal, the watch came like this from Trevor, should I send it back to him