When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Recommend me a watch under $200 please

Kevin18

Sorry I am quite a noob in regards to replica watches and don't know where to start. I was hoping somebody more experienced and knowledgable could lead me in the right way?

Here are a few details about myself and my needs

- I am 19

- I have pretty small wrists compared to most people so I don't think a huge military watch for example would suit me very well lol.

- I dislike battery powered quartz watches.

- A replica of a gen that does not cost tens of thousands (otherwise its not believable hehe).

- A high quality replica. I'm not going to lie I want to pull it off as the real deal so it would need to be accurate and of high quality.

- Like many "noobs" I really like the popular and iconic watches like the Rolex submariner and 007 Omega.

- I would prefer the watch to be a Rolex, Omega, Tag Heuer or Breitling.

This would be my first replica watch. I plan on wearing it very often (almost daily). I know that's not a huge budget for what I need but I could stretch it a bit further if I save up a little more. If there's nothing in that price range please suggest something else :)

I am aware of some of the sellers on here but due to the lack of reviews online I find it diffucult to understand the quality and accuracy of them.

Please post links etc and thank you in advance for your helpful posts. I hope to use this forum regularly.

Edited by Kevin18

i picked up my rolex exp II from josh for about $130 great watch but if you want top end i would speak to BK or TC but ull need about $420-$510 for there versions but you can feel the difference

Could you link me to the exp II please? Also how authenthic does it look and feel ?

How long have you had it and does it still work?

Thanks for the response :)

have a look in the trusted dealer section josh is perfect clones i have had it a few weeks now and it runs great and keeps good time it looks good on the wrist and feels as good as a $130 rep will feel but it wont convince a dealer or a rolex collector but its not why I bought it .

with most reps someone will always find out the faults just were it as a rep and enjoy it don't worry about "trying to pull it off as gen"

If you want to be able to pass it off as the real thing, you're going to have to spend more than $200... I'd also suggest going for an Omega Seamaster rather than a Rolex Submariner, simply because people don't expect them to be fake, where even a genuine Rolex can get the "Is that a real Rolex?" question. In all honesty though, the chances of someone asking or even noticing what you're wearing is so slim, it's really not worth worrying about :good::drinks:

'In all honesty though, the chances of someone asking or even noticing what you're wearing is so slim, it's really not worth worrying about'

I would totally agree with that :inverted: Rolex or Omega are a good choice but stay away from the UPO version if you have smaller wrists, in my opinion the 42mm would be great though!

I do have a brand new Seadweller for sale too if your interested ;)

If you want to be able to pass it off as the real thing, you're going to have to spend more than $200... I'd also suggest going for an Omega Seamaster rather than a Rolex Submariner, simply because people don't expect them to be fake, where even a genuine Rolex can get the "Is that a real Rolex?" question. In all honesty though, the chances of someone asking or even noticing what you're wearing is so slim, it's really not worth worrying about :good::drinks:

I agree. I have worn my dads gen datejust a few times and people (who usually know naff all about watches) try and prove its "fake" somehow. Usually by saying the seconds hand is not moving smooth and consistently or something silly like that.

But anyway it doesn't need to be a top of the line replica. Just something decent that doesn't shout FAKE all over it. I have seen people wearing chinese quartz rolexes... Good god those are awful :wallbash:

I want to get into the rep collecting hobby but I don't want to get bashed like the quartz Rolex guy all day long :lol:

What do you think of this guys ?

http://www.1-pc8838.com/00rlex00201-2010-explorer-asia-2813-free-shipping-p-8954.html

Also how can I search for reviews of this exact watch ?

Thanks.

my advice is send sometime today reading through all the review sections on here trust me by the end of today you will have ordered your first rep and will be taking part in stage 2

the waiting game for QC and shipping details

• Like 1

I agree. I have worn my dads gen datejust a few times and people (who usually know naff all about watches) try and prove its "fake" somehow. Usually by saying the seconds hand is not moving smooth and consistently or something silly like that.

But anyway it doesn't need to be a top of the line replica. Just something decent that doesn't shout FAKE all over it. I have seen people wearing chinese quartz rolexes... Good god those are awful :wallbash:

I want to get into the rep collecting hobby but I don't want to get bashed like the quartz Rolex guy all day long :lol:

What do you think of this guys ?

http://www.1-pc8838.com/00rlex00201-2010-explorer-asia-2813-free-shipping-p-8954.html

Also how can I search for reviews of this exact watch ?

Thanks.

That is the risk you run when wearing a watch with the R Word on the dial ;) The best way to minimize that, is to increase the plausibility of the watch, and the likelihood of owning the real thing, such as a simple DateJust, or a vintage model, which could have been inherited rather than purchassed (this will also mean artificially aging the watch, in addition to it being a vintage model) Another method, would be to go for a Tudor (any Tudor) Tudor equalls all the appearance and design of Rolex, but without the alarm-bell brandname, so they just fly beneath the radar :) As for quartz Rolexes... One of the favorites in my collection is a plastic Submariner, which I fitted with a Rolex dial for a cheap laugh: Anyone seeing it will likely ignore it completely, and anyone seeing it close up will immediately know it's fake, but, it keeps spot on accurate time, and the quartz movement won't be affected by the magnetic field of a tattoo machine as a mechanical movement could be :victory: The watch you've linked to looks nice, and although I don't know of any specific reviews for it, if you seach in the Rolex section, you may find a review :)

My UN Maxie has been the best watch I have ever owned for under $200.00. The 23j movement keeps excelent time and has a PR of 40 plus hours.

Almost three years and not so much as one problem....the bracelet is also very nice. :)

For the money....hard to beat....also the chances of seeing one out In the wild is slim to none.

post-19368-0-32587200-1335107812.jpg

My UN Maxie has been the best watch I have ever owned for under $200.00. The 23j movement keeps excelent time and has a PR of 40 plus hours.

Wow, that's a nice looking watch, and cheaper from that dealer than others. Is it really a gen dial as advertised? Either way how is the lume?

ok did some searching and saw one review. said the subdial is slightly off because of the movement choice, so a gen dial wouldn't fit. so what does asian7750 mean?

Edited by blazed7

Hi Kevin,

IMHO Rolex is not for you. Really, it's an older guy's watch. Choose something fun and funky. Something interesting and quirky. Less cliche (With all due respect to Rolex)

Sure we are talking about reps, but that doesn't mean you can't choose some exciting brand as your first rep. Just note that in any case your budget will not get you a very good watch (replication-wise, or mechanically)

I have a couple of suggestions to you:

1. Sinn U1 or U2, Fantastic watches, in your budget and replicated rather well. I'd get this one, definitely. http://www.trustytime.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=302&products_id=5233

N16Ui.jpg

2. A nice Maxi Marine http://www.trustytime.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=298_300&products_id=5015

yhkp6.jpg

3. Very nice Bell & Ross http://www.trustytime.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=104_220&products_id=5597

aqYF6.jpg

4. The newly replicated Nomos, if you want something classy. http://www.trustytime.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=401

D8Nns.jpg

If you really need a Rolex, in my opinion the best choice would be Explorer 1. It's a stealth Rolex and a great classic. Also if you can go just above 200$ check out IWC Mark XV (or XVI) - the black ones, or Panerai Basic Luminor.

• Like 1

I have a couple of suggestions to you:

1. Sinn U1 or U2, Fantastic watches, in your budget and replicated rather well. I'd get this one, definitely. http://www.trustytime.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=302&products_id=5233

If you really need a Rolex, in my opinion the best choice would be Explorer 1. It's a stealth Rolex and a great classic. Also if you can go just above 200$ check out IWC Mark XV (or XVI) - the black ones, or Panerai Basic Luminor.

Now that sinn is cool good choice Adeo

Sent from my MB860

Wow, that's a nice looking watch, and cheaper from that dealer than others. Is it really a gen dial as advertised? Either way how is the lume?

ok did some searching and saw one review. said the subdial is slightly off because of the movement choice, so a gen dial wouldn't fit. so what does asian7750 mean?

The gen has a slight lower sub dial cut out due to the center cannon pinion that holds the hour and min hands..so yes...the lower sub dial Is a little off. But I had the watch for over a year before I even noticed. Trust me...It's no big deal.

Lume Is good...not a torch...but much better than the standard rep lume.

I purchased mine from Tony @http://www.asian7750...0&P_id=1769&ti= Good dealer with better than average prices. :)

Gen on rubber below.

Mike

post-19368-0-53027000-1335162665.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for the help guy. I decided to just get a Casio watch for everyday use. I still want a cheap replica for collecting purposes and to see how they are and if I want to stay in this hobby.

Was thinking about these

http://www.1-pc8838.com/00rlss01101-2008-submariner-black-asian-2813-p-8998.html

http://www.trustytime.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=221&products_id=1699

Apart from the dot marker on the bezel what is the difference between these 2 and which one is better? Would you guys recommend these at all or are they total crap? I can't find any reviews of them.

Opinions please?

Kevin,

I'd back what Adeodatus said.

The Bell & Ross BR02 is a really good low cost rep. I have slim wrists but the elongated shape of the BR02 means it wears well.

Bell & Ross is a 'young' brand and would suit a younger wearer, and you can wear it with jeans. How many 19 year olds wear a Rolex anyhow.

I got the one with arabic numerals, but the spacing on the numerals is a little out. Get the version with dot markers for the hours and it is all good.

N

Kevin,

I'd back what Adeodatus said.

The Bell & Ross BR02 is a really good low cost rep. I have slim wrists but the elongated shape of the BR02 means it wears well.

Bell & Ross is a 'young' brand and would suit a younger wearer, and you can wear it with jeans. How many 19 year olds wear a Rolex anyhow.

I got the one with arabic numerals, but the spacing on the numerals is a little out. Get the version with dot markers for the hours and it is all good.

N

I'd completely agree with this. B&R is a young brand that is cool and not too expensive to be believable that you could afford it, besides hardly anyone would guess it is a $3000 watch. You could always spend a little more and get a Panerai 111 or 112.

Listen to the advice on Rolex, if you don't have the right image nobody will believe you.

Agree on Sinn, Bell&Ross or TagHeuer Aquaracer for the young lad! :)

You might also consider a gen Tissot Aquastar.. Tissots are generally well made and good value on the second hand market!

¨http://www.watchrecon.com/?query=tissot

Honestly, no matter how good a replica is, you get another level of satisfaction with a genuine.