When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Best way to swap bracelet, leather, and rubber straps

NYCreplica

I want to buy a quality spring bar tool that i'll be able to have a bracelet/strap replacement easiest as possible!

I have never changed any straps by myself and the Bergeon 6825 ($139) appears to be the right solution for all of my purposes.

1. Will I be able to swap all type of straps or only bracelets?

2. For my UPO and future bracelets should I purchase the regular 6825F (1.3mm) or the 6825FF (1.1mm)?

http://www.ofrei.com...e252.html#11078

Bergeon 6825 pliers:

Bergeon6825.jpg

b6810.jpg

b6811.jpg

• 9 months later...
Guest zeleni kukuruz

Something like that should be able to strap most types of straps and bracelets, nice!

I personally just use a small flathead screwdriver and tape the lugs off.

+1

that looks like a great tool. I've looked at it a bunch of times thinking, man this would be really nice, but 150 bucks is a lot for a tool that will not b eused much at all. Most of my watches are vintage with drilled springbar holes, so a regular Bergeron tool with a pin end (6111) and a small fork end usually do the trick. I bought the Horotec Tweezers (MSA 10.306) for springbars, but i just can't seem to develop the manual dexterity to use them correctly!! It was a waste of almost 40 dollars for me.

For leather straps, I use the same Bergeron tool 6111 with the largs bend fork end,it slips easily between the leather and the case, a little pressure, and the springbar is out.

Got to agree on that cost mate...it really dont pay to spend on that...as most watches that you would change using that aint the sort of watches you would change that often IMHO

Most watches made for variations are screw based lugs...

However even if that aint true just get yourself a decent strap changer tool with a few blades... I find so many watches vary depending on the design of the bracelets and how tightly fitted they are...

I have used all the above methods depending on the watch...

have a look down at Watchbitz for ideas.... or try Esslinger...

Personally I would rather do $30-$50 on a strap changing kit and do the other ton on a strap :)

A standard spring bar tool will work in most situations, for a low outlay-

http://watchbitz.com.au/shop/index.php?_a=viewProd&productId=143

If you must run to the double sided tool, this model- http://watchbitz.com.au/shop/index.php?_a=viewProd&productId=489

is far more economical and will do all that the Bergeon will.

Offshore.