When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

New registered person's feedback

ZuluTag

Hey Zulu this isn't a forum full of noob rep collectors mate we have all been around the block and back.

Seriously read up a little more here and gain some knowledge then you will start to see what you have posted and especially those Tags are all horse$hit.

Why would you come on here and do this to yourself Z, mate you just joined the forum, spout off how abfab your sins watches are then totally slate all the reps we have all been buying on here for ages then to top that you slate off one the really nice guys on here......for what for trying to help a fellow Aussie?

Best thing you can do is get back to your 12? 18? 24 top of the line reps and gens :notworthy: and ******* ......not good karma!

This thread is at least doing one thing....giving me a laugh :inverted: they used to call it [censored] baffles brains...oh wait...they still do ;) just off to wear one of my really shithouse reps ! Get a life !

OK Trusty $258

781aa6bdb8020f34f1da9388bda657e0.image.733x550.JPG

Sino $305

Carrera-01A.JPG

I cant find the middle one on sino.com, .but this one on .net at $415

Carrera-07A.jpg

Pure time $388

IMG_0458_enl.JPG

Pure time $348 (i know this is the PVD version not the stainless)

TAG-2009-10-27-01-01_enl.JPG

Sino $485

Monaco-03.jpg

So all the watches there can be had from other places cheeper than from sino, and with recourse via the forum

Andy, thank you for taking a turn at this .. researching watches to enlighten someone. Last time, I did and and I need a break :notworthy: Do you remember the charming woman who believed she found a place selling genuine Swiss 7750 reps .. lovely person but she had to order and find out the hard way, even after we warned her.

Andy, thank you for taking a turn at this .. researching watches to enlighten someone. Last time, I did and and I need a break :notworthy: Do you remember the charming woman who believed she found a place selling genuine Swiss 7750 reps .. lovely person but she had to order and find out the hard way, even after we warned her.

Women Eh never listen.

Just waiting for the OP to get back to the thread from his party

Hey Hey love your work guys :) thanks for coming ……stop it you’re killing me ))) I am glad I am providing some comic relief for the majority, albeit in the effort to continue the momentum I have returned from family outing and here is the next photo batch of my watches, as promised :)

Zulu Tag

Note: those of you that know the Omega's well in particular the Seamaster Planet Ocean (orange bezel), will probably note that this watch has the "exact orange colour" bezel as the Omega original, all copies world wide come from the same factory located in Watch City, Chengxiang, Fujian Province, China, and all are made with a much darker crimsony orange bezel.......notably wrong...distinctively noticeably......... i can tell you in the next post how that is achieved, is it real ???

post-44700-0-86610000-1336842953.jpg

post-44700-0-04458700-1336843088.jpg

post-44700-0-70003200-1336843171.jpg

post-44700-0-11016200-1336843426.jpg

post-44700-0-39522600-1336843514.jpg

post-44700-0-82534900-1336843591.jpg

and .............the last 4 photos.....

see the colour I was talking about ......can some one show me a copy form anywhere on your site or anywhere else in the world .....with that exact same colour which is a replica ???? I think not ..... i will explain ....... as I do respect you guys : )))

Note: see the website of a very noteable watch seller in London, this is Ian's website photos of the real Omegas for sale ...... you can see the clour I am talking about.

Cheers

Zulu Tag

post-44700-0-29432200-1336844096.jpg

post-44700-0-82724000-1336844162.jpg

post-44700-0-14941900-1336844237.jpg

post-44700-0-46530600-1336844311.jpg

Doc3.doc

Doc2.doc

I am a little fuzzy on the dates but I believe for 2 years (for the 45.5mm Planet Ocean) and for 1 year for the 42mm Planet Ocean they both are 1:1 and accept genuine parts.

Many people here have swapped crystals, dials, hands, crowns, tubes, bezels and inserts.. and even bracelets and clasps. These items are not restricted by Omega and are freely available from parts houses like Cousins.uk and Otto Frei in the USA.

Welcome back from your party and thanks for posting the pics of your collection. You have some beautiful watches.

I would just like to formally apologise for the comment that the watches on your website are rubbish, I in no way wanted to offend anyone or disrespect what you have. However, in my view the some of the watches I saw were less than impressive for a few reasons but to name two that stood out, the non reflective AR coatings were absent on some and in particular the Tag badge emblems on some watches from some sellers. The emblems should at the minimum black powder coated emblem with raised sliver highlights. Some I was were sliver all over or gold. However, I will agree with one of you members in that Mickey is a tad short with responses and does not give or provide detailed HD photos of your watch prior to shipment. This is a real QC issue that Sino need to look at and I have had one issue, Rolex ordered for my brother in law arrive with a ever so slightly crooked cyclops over the date on a submariner. That was embarrassing for me as I recommended it to him. Having said that I was able to send it back to China and Mickey replaced it straight away and resent it within 6 days. That’s the only faulty watch that I have had in the 19 I have ordered. All are working perfectly to date. Some of the watches such as your Trusty Time do look to be out of the same factory as Sino’s so yes I totally agree that they are cheaper and worth visiting. Although the Grand Carrera that was shown does not come with that rubber band at all, it only comes in steel stainless silver band or the black leather (this is on the silver & black face model see Tag Heuer website or nearest Tag dealer to confirm that).

So I suppose at this point for me 19 watch orders all perfect except for one crooked cyclops is, in my book, pretty excellent. I’ll be sticking to what I know works for me.

Andrew it is down to you where you buy from, but i think you will find that sino has access to the same factorys as our TDs here but you may also find that there are a few restricted productions that only go to the cartel dealers.

Stick around and learn a bit, we can all learn more than we already know.

the non reflective AR coatings were absent on some
you may know that many of the new watches use a colurless AR now in particular panerai

This site has over 10 years of experience in the rep world, some of the members here are fully qualified watchsmiths, others are world class modders of watches both rep and gen, we have experts in almost every field of horology, there is alot here to read if you have an open mind. This is the grown up site where we give people the benifit of a fair trial, dont ban them at the first hickup, (But it is always worth reading the rules) and take the time to educate and support, there is a real comunity here both in the cyber space and in real life!

Sorry I meant to say

Thank you

It mystifies me that this got to 3 pages.....

Aren't we lucky to have gained a new watch guru who apparently thinks collecting Tag replicas is a worthwhile endeavor....

He MUST be an expert!!! :pimp: :pimp:

The point is Frank that here discussion is welcome, and this post has been a discussion and an education for more than a frw members i am sure, and every member may have something to bring to the forum, and why would his collection not be a worth while endevor to him.

I'm going to take a guess here as I'm still new at rep's (and not afraid to admit it unlike you) but I assume the reason your PO bezel is a different color is because it's just an old one. It looks pretty much like the one on my first (70$) rep.

Also, honestly, it kind of bothers me that you're so stubborn about your "knowledge". You're the kind of person I could never be friends with IRL. No offense of course, everyone is different.

Pic of my first rep on the left and my UPO with the "wrong" orange on the right:

DSC_5707.jpg

Edited by j3T

Thanks Jkay and FxrAndy :)

Thanks for the reply really enjoyed reading the posts guys , very informative and very interesting. Yes, correct……. bezel (Orange) for my Omega was an after market purchase from a nice bloke in London who has a website on eBay for bezels. He supplies to Rolex and Omega customers, real and replicas. He has the true orange and after some 2 ml fine drilling and removing I managed to reinsert the new bezel it fitted perfectly within thou tolerances and it came with an amazing self peel off contact adhesive and sat pure flush same as original. I was true to my promise and said that I would let you how that was achieved. One thing I probably left off is that Mickey does offer a $30 US discount after 3 watches purchased which does help and make them quite competitive with others, sorry forget to mention that a few posts ago.

I must regail something to you guys on that which totally blew me away , I have a college at work this guy is a basically more money than he knows what to do with has 7 originals including the Omega 45.5mm Planet Ocean orange Bezel. We do not get on basically no one likes him he is always putting people down totally up himself. Anyway sorry I digress……So this person has the original watch and would take any opportunity to say that I had a copy and it was crap etc…. He wears it to work every day and obviously knows this model very very well like the back of his hand. I saw him only last Friday for the first time and said hey I purchased one the same as yours… his eyes popped out of his head grabbed my wrist had a good look, I preceded to take it off an give it to him. He looked at it turned it over looked at it closely then at me and then turned it over again looked at the sweep. After a minute or so said ….”you know you got ripped off …..it’s the 2008 model its not a new model” . “The sea dragon on the back changes ever so slightly with each year and also the little knurls on the edge of the bezel grip are the half moon semi circle like mine ….classic of the 2006 to 2008 year models” . “The new models even before the current 2011/12 model which has the clear case back had a different knurl completely” ….. “under close examination they are like tracker treads and more right angled square shaped on the bezel grip. I looked at him and went OOOOO Kkkkk. I don’t really care I said …..I am happy with the $3,000 price I paid and walked off with the biggest smile on my face that he couldn’t see J. You see I have found it easy to fool a non watch person, however then there is the next level where my watches have totally been accepted as potential consideration trade-ins on first perusal by a high end watch retailers that sell many brands. Then there is the next level again where Tag Heuer head sales store in Sydney crn Pit Street Mall have too also offered trade in with out question based on close examination. (obviously prior to checking the serial numbers of course ha ha ). Now finally you drill down to what is in my opinion to the absolute test….. where someone who actually owns the real one itself looks at it closely. These people should pick a replica pretty dam quickly as being someone who actually owns the real thing and knows it backwards. Now when they can’t tell at all…hmmmm well …..I think that basically it for me ….. that’s a real accomplishment without a doubt. He actually unscrewed the screw down crown an counted the number of turns on mine and put side by side against his and watched the sweep for some 30 secs both watches together J)) I was amazed. So I do really highly respect the quality of the watches I have been getting with tests like that. Just though it a funny or really interesting story.

Thanks guys look forward to listening a watching more :) .

Cheers

Zulu Tag

One thing some people here are quite sensitive about us the thought of passing a rep in an authorized dealer shop.

We have a culture here where people cruise around eBay looking for our replicas being passed as genuine so members can alert the fraud team there.

It's a hobby we enjoy tremendously and some take quite a bit of umbrage at the thought of using the good replica watches to defraud the public or dealers which in turn might lead to more strict legal controls on our hobby.