When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

What is your favorite blue dial replica?

Krister

Wow! I can hardly believe how many has chimed in to help me with this request. You guys are awesome! Thank you so much for all your kind help and comments. I have been busy the last day but now I have looked at all the watches that you have mentioned. I must say that I like the SMP. I haven't looked at it before, but I see now that it is a beauty. Also the Rolex Datejust II is stunning! I'm at my parents' house now and my father saw that I was looking at the Datejust and he just said: "get me one of those!"

Okey... the blue Tudor Snowflake. Where can I buy it? I've googled the snowflake on a Nato-strap and it looks great! Really cool, down-to-earth AND classy, all at the same time. Are the reps good?

Which military academy are you attending?

I haven't attended military academy. I'm from Norway and I am a captain in the Norwegian Army. Signals :) My contract runs out in three years from now. After that, if I choose to continue in the military I will have to go through 6 months of academy. Don't know if I will do that yet...

I would second the 7960 Tudor. First off, If you are a young cadet (and I certainly don't know if you are, you could be the Commanding Officer of your country!!). But if you are, I wouldn't wear something too ostentatious. It's going to draw the attention of those above you with possible negative outcomes.

A good advice. I love the Rolex Datejust that I somebody recommended, but you might be right. I wouldn't have been able to afford the gen, and it might be "weird" to have it on..?

As a side note, I actually had to convince my boss that I hadn't spent a ton of money on my Avenger Skyland. He didn't believe that it was a rep at first :D

Okey... the blue Tudor Snowflake. Where can I buy it? I've googled the snowflake on a Nato-strap and it looks great! Really cool, down-to-earth AND classy, all at the same time. Are the reps good?

Sadly this watch is not commercially available as an 'instant buy' replica watch, you'll need to build one yourself using aftermarket parts. My recommendation is to get a budget Rolex 5517 (military submariner on a NATO strap with fixed lug bars) then swap over the dial and hands for the correct ones for the Tudor Snowflake, I would suggest googling Yuki Watch, and seeing what they have on offer in the way of dial and hands :) There's no greater satisfaction than looking down at your wrist, and thinking "I made that..." :good::drinks:

The new Tag Aquaracer 500M comes in a blue tuxedo dial, if I am not mistaken, and is not a "rich man" watch @ $2900 USD new.

The replica is a very solid watch. It needs re-luming and AR to be really good.

This is the black dial, but the blue has a blue bezel insert as well. Look here for a gray market eBay auction of the blue dial version ---> http://www.ebay.com/itm/Tag-Heuer-Aquaracer-500M-Blue-Dial-Stainless-Steel-Mens-Watch-WAJ1112-BA0870-/150818312464

TAGHEUER-AQUARACER-01.jpg

My top pics:

- Seamaster Bond 2531

- Seamaster Chrono

- Breitling SFSO - older version with the more correct blue color

- Tag Aquaracer Chrono

Thats all that comes to mind ....for now.

My favourite is the blue two tone ceramic sub - it is just such an outrageously pretty watch! It is also smart, and would go very well with a military uniform. There are some very nice reps of this, although you might need to replace the pearl for it to look reasonably accurate.