When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Zenith Daytona 16523

Omega

Hi guys!

No, this time it's not a "gen or rep" game! :)

I always was following the threads with the Franken Daytonas. Never felt the necessity to build or own one, but in last time the desire was very high.

It's one of the most faked Rolex, so a grin from someone who's starring at it, was enough to see him thinking "haha, this guy is wearing a fake Rolex"! He not even had to mention it, and the situation is painful...

But now I think I am ready for it - because of my age, some grey hair, family, kids...:D

To build one was IMO not worth the money. And I would never be happy with it, knowing the Zenith movement has 36.000bph instead of 28.800bph (what is the only option to use without blowing too much money in the project). Also there is no perfect case to found out there.

So I decided to buy a gen - and today I found a nice one, in a really good and unpolished condition with a new-like sharp bezel. Here only two iPhone pics, but in next days I will post some more "professional" photos - promised...thanks for reading/looking! ;)

post-3491-133754983684.jpgpost-3491-133754985235.jpg

The dial was not my favorite choice, but it's hard to find a Zenith Daytona in almost NOS condition (for a realistic price!). It's like buying a preowned car - there is always missing something...:D

A black dial is IMO the best choice for a SS/G Daytona.

• 2 weeks later...