When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

What Have You Done So Far In Life?

Everythingape

I used to play in a band.. We called ourselves "Marteræva lyng og gras band" I was an original forming member, but I got kicked out because I was 'too serious about music..' I basically meant that I actually could play my instrument.

hey would like to hear some of your musical work ..

can you upload something & post it ? :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Edited by 2005SUBMARINER

hey would like to hear some of your musical work ..

can you upload something & post it ? :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Trust me on this: YOU DON'T!

We played in a school basement bomb shelter, riffing out Metallica and Guns 'N Roses.

We did record a few songs, and even made a few. I have not listened to them in years..

I hope nobody gets hold of them before my future wedding. ;)

We did a sweet Sweet Home Alabama though.. :)

Trust me on this: YOU DON'T!

We played in a school basement bomb shelter, riffing out Metallica and Guns 'N Roses.

We did record a few songs, and even made a few. I have not listened to them in years..

I hope nobody gets hold of them before my future wedding. ;)

We did a sweet Sweet Home Alabama though.. :)

hey man i also played in the 80s for fun :thumbsupsmileyanim: im 39 now & still jam every now & then ..

im sure your playing cant be that bad !

did you check out my evh guitar solos ? :rolleyes: i think they came out a lil crazy but its just fun to pick up the geeeetar & play ..

if ya get a chance post a few of your jams ! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

hey you gotta hear phoband he an excellent musican !

Yeah, I followed the thread :)

People's interpretations of famous solos or licks are much more interesting than a straight up copy, then it's just about skills, and skills are uninteresting.

Imagination and feel is what I like in guitar players.

I play the guitar myself, and I have done a couple of stand-in rythm sessions for local bands.. And I am not half bad I think, I have been playing since I was 13, but I still have huge issues about playing in front of people unless I am three sheets to the wind at some late night party with an acoustic.. I just never took that step to get a real band together and jam.

Yeah, I followed the thread :)

People's interpretations of famous solos or licks are much more interesting than a straight up copy, then it's just about skills, and skills are uninteresting.

Imagination and feel is what I like in guitar players.

I play the guitar myself, and I have done a couple of stand-in rythm sessions for local bands.. And I am not half bad I think, I have been playing since I was 13, but I still have huge issues about playing in front of people unless I am three sheets to the wind at some late night party with an acoustic.. I just never took that step to get a real band together and jam.

I now only play to relax ! ofcourse useing the headphones ! :rolleyes:

dont wana bother my nieghbors :unsure:

If you want to hear some of my crap, click on the PoM link below and listen to the music on my video.

I didn't notice the music the last time! Heh

Is that you playing a midi Piano? It's good stuff!

2005SUBMARINER, I bought a Roland MicroCube last year. Great little amp for single jamming and just relaxing with a guitar.

And the Mesa Boogie rectifier emulation is awesome! It runs 10 hours on batteries too.

Nice Pugwash :)

I always wanted to learn to play the piano.. And buy a huge grand piano for my living room.. I have a buddy that can play just about anything he hears, and it's so cool when he sits down, asks people what they can sing, and starts playing.

Well mine is as boring as it gets...

Newspaper Delivery Technician ("Paperboy")

Worked in 7/11 :o

DJ (radio and parties/clubs)

Music reviewer

General temp admin work - database administration

Web designer

Finished Physics degree from a top university (in reality, skip all lectures and DJ/record shop or play basketball - I was good enough for the university team back then :Jumpy: )

Professional bum (ie. unemployed while looking for that "perfect" job that never materialised)

Credit Controller

And now to the current job ... Financial Systems Management

Apart from DJing, all the jobs have been single figures per hour, and still is :black_eye:

I really need to stop being in this rut and do something with myself :wounded1:

I'll give it a whack. Kids... you never know where you'll end up in this life.

1980-81 dishwasher (to get that first car)

1981-1982 worked at a full service gas station (to learn how to maintain the type of car you get with a dishwasher salary)

1982-1992 Dealership auto mechanic and ASE certified Master mechanic

1992 Decided I needed an Aerospace Engineering degree (who saw that coming?)

1992-1996 toughest 4 years of my life ;) earning the Engineering degree + working nights making 486 & pentium chips at Intel (chemical vapor deposition tech).

1996 to present as an Engineer for (un-named US aero giant). Last two years living and working in China.

No wife -ever- too many girls here :thumbsupsmileyanim: . No kids. I do miss my dog though.

Perhaps "poor" monetarily, but you'll be a rich man for all the good you've wrought in this world. I owe you a debt of gratitude because you've been there and done that... so I don't have to.

Thank you.

Thank you for the thought.

Just a thought for all this sat at 11am in UK there will be a 2 min silence for all soldiers and there will be services of rememberance all over on sunday.

Golf caddy was my first job (that was great... my first broken nose was from a golf ball :black_eye: )

Busboy at IHOP (International House of Pancakes (really sticky)

Night cleaner at Hilltop Steakhouse :yuk:

Then I decided that the restaurant business was not for me :lol:

Worked in a leather splitting shop, didn't like the smell

Sheet metal worker running press brakes

Then got promoted to painting...

My first son was born :)

Broke up with his mom, got custody :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Then couldn't get promoted to the tool and die shop...

Moved onto a machine shop doing grunt work (manual surface grinding is good exercise)

Worked a few CNC shops as a pushbutton production worker... way to smart for this... learned everything I could about programming CNCs and robotics

Got a break in a machine shop, working up to lead programmer :rolleyes:

Remarried, had two more sons :Jumpy:

Went to university for Mechanical Engineering

Learned some, but really learned much more in previous positions

Back to several other manufacturers as lead programmer

Got divorced... Went to lots of parties :Jumpy:

Opened a Photo Studio, made lots of money, hosted lots of parties :animal_rooster:

Countless strippers and concubines followed :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Studio burnt down, all my stuff with it :(

Stayed in Thailand for a year :wub:

Moved to Honolulu, partied too much and skydiving was fun! B)

Concubines and ex-wife drained me of every last penny... :( Oh well, it was fun while it lasted... Back to life

And back to Boston... :yawn:

Moved to New York ^_^

Moved to Chicago :wounded1:

Worked for a CAD/CNC software provider as tech support/training

Moved overseas in the same position :)

Got married

Worked for a CAD/CNC software provider as Sales... saturated the country with the software

Got divorced

Moved overseas again in the same position :)

Got married (For the last time damnit!) :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Settling down somewhat :g:

Moved on to an Engineering Manager position

Now on my own sub-contracting... Still not sure what I want to be if/when I grow up :blink:

Life has had it's ups and downs, but has been grand! :thumbsupsmileyanim::thumbsupsmileyanim: