When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Installing a gen tube in cartel 5512 case?

tghodin

Alright, im in the process of installing a gen tube into a cartel 5512 case.

How hard is it to redrill and retap correctly? What drill size and tap size is used for the 7030?

Is there anyone in EU who could do this installation if i send my parts to the person?

Regards

i've never had to drill a cartel sub, so like Nick says, you should be able to just run the tap thru there and be good to go.

Some of the old MBW's on the other hand had a hole too small to just run the tap thru- I busted a tap in one. The correct size if you're drilling the hole is 2.65mm which is an oddball size BTW!

JMB would be the guy to do this work for you if you don't want to do it yourself. It's not that hard, and if you look around, maybe you can find the tap for $10 instead of the $30 or more that Ofrei and Borel charge.

They are correct that you have to drill the case out. That is the easy part. When taping the hole, you have to be sure you are straight in 2 directions. Hard to to do by hand, but can be done. Use lock tight when installing the case tube, it not only seals it, it locks it in. Good luck

• 2 weeks later...