When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Is There More Than One Version Of The “new” Omega Seamaster Pro Chronograph?

infinitime

Is there more than one version of the “new” Omega Seamaster Pro chronograph? I am referring to the blue-dialed version with the new Asian 7750 movement, with the subdials at the 6-9-12 configuration.

The reason I ask is that while all the pictures I’ve seen from various dealer appear to be of the same watch, there is a wide disparity in the price, ranging from $239 all the way up to $350? As far as I can tell, the quality appears to be all the same, or am I missing something when I look at the different pictures. In fact, the only “flaw” I could see is that with some of the earlier samples, the bezel is not properly aligned. Otherwise, the dials, movement, case, bracelet all appear to be identical, all having screws instead of pins in the bracelet…

On a related note, can anyone spot any more flaws with this model, when compared to the genuine article? After staring at pictures of the genuine article and visiting an AD this afternoon, I can’t really see any difference between the rep and the genuine. No flaws on the dial or case, or in the placement of the buttons as far as I can tell. In fact, the only flaws appear to be a mis-aligned bezel and a pearl which is slightly too large for the 12 o'clock triangle.

Flaws have already been gone through...

As for versions, I think this is the only one.

TTK's one is slightly different as he gets the bezel aligned, but it's still the same version as the rest.

The price disparity is probably dependent upon the individual dealer's cost and profit margins I would think.

Is there more than one version of the “new” Omega Seamaster Pro chronograph? I am referring to the blue-dialed version with the new Asian 7750 movement, with the subdials at the 6-9-12 configuration.

The reason I ask is that while all the pictures I’ve seen from various dealer appear to be of the same watch, there is a wide disparity in the price, ranging from $239 all the way up to $350? As far as I can tell, the quality appears to be all the same, or am I missing something when I look at the different pictures. In fact, the only “flaw” I could see is that with some of the earlier samples, the bezel is not properly aligned. Otherwise, the dials, movement, case, bracelet all appear to be identical, all having screws instead of pins in the bracelet…

On a related note, can anyone spot any more flaws with this model, when compared to the genuine article? After staring at pictures of the genuine article and visiting an AD this afternoon, I can’t really see any difference between the rep and the genuine. No flaws on the dial or case, or in the placement of the buttons as far as I can tell. In fact, the only flaws appear to be a mis-aligned bezel and a pearl which is slightly too large for the 12 o'clock triangle.

well flaws.....the pusher screws are not functional, my bezel is very loose feeling and way too easy to turn, the bracelet has screws instead on pins, the clasp fits not as well as the gen. overall it's a great watch but won't fool anyone who handles it.

well flaws.....the pusher screws are not functional, my bezel is very loose feeling and way too easy to turn, the bracelet has screws instead on pins, the clasp fits not as well as the gen. overall it's a great watch but won't fool anyone who handles it.

The pushers do not screw down on the genuine either. The genuine claims water resistance even with use of the chrono pushers submerged.

THe case would fool most dealers(the back may not but I bet a few will not notice the presicion is not quite 100%) but the bracelet lets it down. The pushers do not screw on the real one as said.

I have just fitted a genuine 7750 movement and the dial fitted perfectly so the date font is now perfect too. Just waiting for a set of hands from Ofrei and a OEM AR crystal to complete then pics will follow.

I already have an OEM bracelet and I will wear this watch as an everyday beater that should be reliable. :)

THe case would fool most dealers(the back may not but I bet a few will not notice the presicion is not quite 100%) but the bracelet lets it down. The pushers do not screw on the real one as said.

I have just fitted a genuine 7750 movement and the dial fitted perfectly so the date font is now perfect too. Just waiting for a set of hands from Ofrei and a OEM AR crystal to complete then pics will follow.

I already have an OEM bracelet and I will wear this watch as an everyday beater that should be reliable. :)

Glad to see that someone is already doing modifications on this new model... Quick question about the hands, why does it need to be replaced? It looks almost exactly the same as the genuine ones from pictures?

I'm wondering is there any point modding this (and I am biased as I have 2 genuine SMP Chronos!) ?

You drop in a genuine ETA 7750, relume (or genuine dial), a genuine AR-coated crystal, hands, bracelet, isn't that bringing the cost close to getting a used one?

Breakdown of costs:

Rep: $275

Genuine AR-coated crystal: $200

Genuine bracelet: $200

Relume: $100 (?)

ETA 7750 movement and installation: $250

Genuine hands: $50

total: $1075 (all figures are estimates)

The caseback will still be the same etc.

You also have no warranty, same re-sale value, water resistance, quality control, and genuine Omega movement. A few dollars more and you can get a used genuine in stainless steel :Jumpy:

I'm not trying to put off the modders though!

My point is appreciate the unmodded version for what it is, improving that is not really economically viable :unsure:

Dear All:

As I know; there are only 2 versions of PO chrono: 1.) Asian 7750 2.) Japan Quartz. Except Japan Quartz version price below USD$200. Seems most price from varies-dealer shouldn't have too large different.

I almost got one for myself b4; but I found a MAJOR not MINOR flaw on PO chrono & stop me immediately. The chrono at 9:00 & 3:00 are too small compare with gen. After I discuss with my local dealer; they said that it can't be fix due to 7750 movement size. If PO chrono on your MUST HAVE LIST; the only way u should go for Japan Quartz version. B`cause it got a better size arrangement (Better!! Not same as Gen still a little be smaller). Also; the date-wheel colour are wrong too (Gen one should be black base+white fonts!!). But some dealer already fix this minor colour flaw already.

Hope this could help!

BR,

Raymond

I think you are referring to a different watch. The model I was inquiring about is the Seamaster Chronograph 300M, NOT the Planet Ocean...:)

Dear All:

As I know; there are only 2 versions of PO chrono: 1.) Asian 7750 2.) Japan Quartz. Except Japan Quartz version price below USD$200. Seems most price from varies-dealer shouldn't have too large different.

I almost got one for myself b4; but I found a MAJOR not MINOR flaw on PO chrono & stop me immediately. The chrono at 9:00 & 3:00 are too small compare with gen. After I discuss with my local dealer; they said that it can't be fix due to 7750 movement size. If PO chrono on your MUST HAVE LIST; the only way u should go for Japan Quartz version. B`cause it got a better size arrangement (Better!! Not same as Gen still a little be smaller). Also; the date-wheel colour are wrong too (Gen one should be black base+white fonts!!). But some dealer already fix this minor colour flaw already.

Hope this could help!

BR,

Raymond

I agree with Chronus that the costs of modding this are a lot unless you can do it all yourself. As a PAM fanatic I have been wearing my SMP for the last few days. I have already re-lumed it and have an ETA datewheel for it but not going to rush into replacing the movt as the asian 7750 so far is performing very well. No transfer gears putting a strain on it and it is keeping very accurate time. I like it a lot!!

I agree with Chronus that the costs of modding this are a lot unless you can do it all yourself. As a PAM fanatic I have been wearing my SMP for the last few days. I have already re-lumed it and have an ETA datewheel for it but not going to rush into replacing the movt as the asian 7750 so far is performing very well. No transfer gears putting a strain on it and it is keeping very accurate time. I like it a lot!!

Hi Finepics,

Can you tell me where you were able to source an ETA datewheel for the Asian 7750? Are the two datewheels interechangeable without any other modifications?

On a related note, I had the new Navitimer clone (which I just sold this week), with the added gearing for the 3-6-9 configuration... I didn't find the added gearing to be particularly straining on the base movement.