When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

TC V4 Sun....Noob here, Is it worth it?

bpolo

He is bringing a YM that is amazing and there is a waiting list going on at RG.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Not a waiting list but a buy list if your name is on list you commit to buy or he will never sell to you again!! I'm in for the YM its best going by far!! prob better than BK's was but I love BK's work also have his DSSD and SUB... KENNY is moding me a sub rite now also along with few others getting things ready on a Daytona rite now with kenny also!

A new Gen insert costs about $95.00 plus tax and shipping so figure $125.00 after markup.

Where do you get a new gen insert from for $95? I have only seen scratched and faded used inserts for that sort of price, and I have seen new ones sell for a lot more. If you know of a reliable source for under $200, then please post it.

Edited by tode1640

Where do you get a new gen insert from for $95? I have only seen scratched and faded used inserts for that sort of price, and I have seen new ones sell for a lot more. If you know of a reliable source for under $200, then please post it.

I guess right from the AD?!

Op: your gonna be very happy and surprized about the quality. Even a 100$ noob is incredible other than the pearl.

And gives me the same pleasure wearing it....i have some cheap. some pricy modded, some gen.

Today i put my gen 16710 back in the safe, and throw my $100 noob on the wrist, and hit the rain with this Kermit.

Just amazed what TC and those guys develop, but also amazed what you can get on the budget class these days.

8fe0368ad1a8.jpg

Not a waiting list but a buy list if your name is on list you commit to buy or he will never sell to you again!! I'm in for the YM its best going by far!! prob better than BK's was but I love BK's work also have his DSSD and SUB... KENNY is moding me a sub rite now also along with few others getting things ready on a Daytona rite now with kenny also!

You are right GWT, by the time I wrote was just a wish list but then PL80 took over and it became a buying list.

I am in for sure.

Hi there,

I bought the same comp you are looking for:

TC V4 NO rehaut engraving ($530)

Brand new Gen insert ($225)

It's a killer combo! Worth Every penny! People ask me if it's fake I say yes and they tell me I'm lying...

Here's some motivation for you...

efc79b74.jpg

cb7f9bde.jpg

7c73ddcd.jpg

Its definitely a beautiful example..Mine should be here next week...My only question is, if they go through all the trouble to be as accurate as this, why stop at the "A" in SUBMARINER on the dial?...Dont Gen SUBS have a flat top A? Where can I source a better dial? Frustrating Edited by bpolo

My only question is, if they go through all the trouble to be as accurate as this, why stop at the "A" in SUBMARINER on the dial?...Dont Gen SUBS have a flat top A?

Which one?

Where can I source a better dial? Frustrating

They don't get any better than the WM9 dial (which this is).

This is one is really beatifull, you bought it at TC?

The one pictured is not mine, although extremely beautiful!! Mine should be here next week...Cant wait !! ; )

Ordered from TC, who is extremely great to deal with by the way!

The only reason I questioned the Dial, is from what I remember on my v series Gen 16610 (which I sold : ( the flat top a was really flat the a almost had a boxy look to it.....Then again Im no expert on Rolex, for all I know this is right.. I know allot of the gaudy diamond dials are aftermarket and have all sorts of fonts

Edited by bpolo

The one pictured is not mine, although extremely beautiful!! Mine should be here next week...Cant wait !! ; )

Ordered from TC, who is extremely great to deal with by the way!

The only reason I questioned the Dial, is from what I remember on my v series Gen 16610 (which I sold : ( the flat top a was really flat the a almost had a boxy look to it.....Then again Im no expert on Rolex, for all I know this is right.. I know allot of the gaudy diamond dials are aftermarket and have all sorts of fonts

I also want to buy

Well it finally arrived. I haven't been able to find a good deal on a gen blk/slvr insert,so I'm using a gen tt blk gold insert for now... The dial on this watch is stunning.. damn near indestinguishable from my gen vseries, unless I use a loupe..the bracelet came in pieces, and I just tried to figure it out the best I could. I unscrewed 1 link from each side, before attaching the clasp..Also, I asked for Rehaut engraving to be removed, but he removed the engravings between the lugs as well. No big deal, but I guess on a Nato strap it will be easy to see no engraving..Ah its a rep after all, so no biggie. But it sure is damn close...the bracelet is just slight not as "tight" as my gen, with what seems like more space between links. It could just seem that way to.my eyes...all in alll I'm happy...now if I could just find a New gen blk/slvr insert

For a decednt price! Oh yeah, and it hasn't gained or lost 1 second in the 18 hours I'm wearing it! Pretty impressive! Forgive the bad shots. Ill take better ones later. Thesed are from my phone in an unlit room.

post-45208-0-91616300-1340261617_thumb.j

post-45208-0-88982500-1340261657_thumb.j

post-45208-0-99531300-1340261724_thumb.j

There's a gen insert on rwi right now for 95$ :)

But not, I think, new. What triggered some skepticism was the statement:

A new Gen insert costs about $95.00 plus tax and shipping so figure $125.00 after markup.

There are lots of gen inserts for this sort of price on Ebay - but they tend to be quite faded and scratched. That is fine if you are going for the vintage look, but if you want new shininess then the price is more likely to be of the $250-300 order.

But not, I think, new. What triggered some skepticism was the statement:

There are lots of gen inserts for this sort of price on Ebay - but they tend to be quite faded and scratched. That is fine if you are going for the vintage look, but if you want new shininess then the price is more likely to be of the $250-300 order.

Just gotta be persistent. For a new one in packaging I agree with your price.

The one I referred to above, I hadn't even looked at but I was familar with the seller.

I have purchased several not new but 95% from 55$-100$ on eBay, TRF and VRF.

The cheapest one at 55$ did not have a mark or blemish on it. The price included shipping, the seller was in Greece and I had it in a week. They are out there, you just have to devote a week or two in finding them.

I don't know if I'm being nitpicky, and expecting too much, or if I installed it wrong, bit the end links don't fit flush and.evenly with the top/face side of the lugs. Is it possible the lug holes aren't even? I also noticed the lugholes are drilled very.shallow....

It is in every other.aspect a very beautiful watch

Can you take a good close up of the endlink fit?

Have you compared yours to others or gens?

Here are some photos.. The end link fit into the top lugs is uneven. The left side is about a mm recessed, and the right side sticks up slightly. On the bottom lugs, in the last photo, the end links fit flush..I can't get in touch with tc, because apparently his email auto responds that he's in china.. I hope its an easy fix.. I've had the watch about 30 hours, and I kid you not, it hasn't lost or gained one second.. Lets see how it breaks in, but none of my watches have been this accurate.. Gen omega cosc Seamasters, and my Gen V series sub never performed like this. It was consistently 5 seconds fast..

post-45208-0-50740200-1340303710_thumb.j

post-45208-0-57734900-1340303741_thumb.j

post-45208-0-79607600-1340303763_thumb.j

Edited by bpolo

Are the endlnks loose? if so, you might not have the spring bars engaged on both sides. Give it a good wiggle back and forth to lock them in.

As for Gen inserts, NEVER pay more then $150 for a modern sub insert new. If you are you are being ripped off. You CAN find them in brand new condition, and 90%+ condition if you spend a few weeks looking. They come and go pretty fast but if you scan rolexforums.com, ebay, and WUS they pop up.

Reason? Inserts are easy replacements. MOst guys who buy them already have a real Rolex and to replace an insert is as simple as dropping into an AD and asking them to do it. If your AD likes you, 20 mins. later and around $125 poorer you have a new insert.

Then normally these guys turn around and try and sell the old ones.

Our

Are the endlnks loose? if so, you might not have the spring bars engaged on both sides. Give it a good wiggle back and forth to lock them in.

As for Gen inserts, NEVER pay more then $150 for a modern sub insert new. If you are you are being ripped off. You CAN find them in brand new condition, and 90%+ condition if you spend a few weeks looking. They come and go pretty fast but if you scan rolexforums.com, ebay, and WUS they pop up.

Reason? Inserts are easy replacements. MOst guys who buy them already have a real Rolex and to replace an insert is as simple as dropping into an AD and asking them to do it. If your AD likes you, 20 mins. later and around $125 poorer you have a new insert.

Then normally these guys turn around and try and sell the old ones.

Thanks for your advice everyone.. I definitely will hold off for a decent fair deal on a gen insert. As for the end links, theyre in there pretty secure.. Its not that bad I guess, considering its not a Gen Rolex..being new at the rep game, I just don't know how exact, and precise fit and finish is supposed to new on rep's. I'm assuming for $500 + the fit should be pretty good and even.. Everything else on this watch is just so damn gorgeous.. And still over 36 hours since I set it, and its barely one second fast!! Running cosc tolerances..!