When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

5512/5513/1680 bezel; will if fit a mbw 1665..?

fitch

Great! Thanks guys! Would it be possible to use the same inserts though? On VRF I noticed sellers offer fat font inserts for 5512/5513/1680/1665 but I'd like to doublecheck if this indeed would be correct...

edit: forgot to add; as far as you might know; would a ingod44 rail dial line up with the datewheel in a ETA 2846-2...?

Thanks!

Edited by fitch

Great! Thanks guys! Would it be possible to use the same inserts though? On VRF I noticed sellers offer fat font inserts for 5512/5513/1680/1665 but I'd like to doublecheck if this indeed would be correct...

Yes, the inserts are the same for these models.

Well guys, can anyone confirm us the 1665 bezel will not fit a 1680/5512/5513 ?

I always read that they are all the same dimension. Only the 1665 bezel is a little thicker, depending of the period, but it do not change anything for the diameter right ?

Cheers !

The diameters are the same but a 1665 bezel is MUCH thicker than a 5512/5513/1680. It might not even click on the retaining ring.

Curiously, the same insert will fit a 6536, 5512, 5513, 1680 and 1665. I didn't see that one coming! :blink:

vintage_cases.jpg

Snowflake (same as 5513/1680)

snowflake_dome1.jpg

Here is the "final" answer after some tests : The Phong bezel fits the MBW watch, but without the washer. It fits at 1/2 with the washer, and I am unable to fit it properly. I don't know if the MBW retainer ring have the same "inside" specs as gen/Phong - I have some doubts about it. For the outside, it's not the same dimensions as Phong/gen.

However, I think it is possible to modify the washer to make the Phong bezel fitting !

R.

The MBW 1680 bezel will fit on the 1665 but it looks funny because its the wrong thickness. The 1665 bezel is about twice as thick. The MBW bezels also fit on gen retainer rings, and gen bezels fit perfectly on yuki retainer rings. The inserts for the 1680 and 1665 are the same size.

I put my MBW1680 bezel on my 1665 once and it looks ridiculous. Its completely wrong.

gavidoc - my MBW retaining rings are the same on the 1680 and 1665, and they are pretty much the same as gen. I have not seen a gen 1665 retaining ring for comparison so I cant say its different. Have you seen a gen one? Is it thicker?

dizz