When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

TC Frankened Submariner 16610

danza1812

After months of impatiently waiting my TC sub returned from the modder with the gen dial installed. I refitted the crystal and bezel et voila it's now complete with the following mods:

Gen dial

Gen insert

Gen crystal

Shaved rehaut

I have based this Franken on a 2003 Y series sub without lug holes.

I can say the lume on the TC hands is a very good match to the gen dial, which shows this upgrade isn't as necessary as say, the insert mod. but personally for me, the dial is a major part of the watch, the font difference on the lettering was important in my opinion and it's just good to glance down and know that the dial is perfect.

I'm considering a gen crown in the future but for now it's done and I'm moving swiftly onto completing my PO Franken next.

d8ae62a8.jpg8ae0f6fc.jpg58f7d132.jpg

Looks Awesome :notworthy: can't wait for mine to get here, c'mon postie.......... ;)

Where did you source the Gen crystal?

The gen crystal was for sale on a Rolex forum, it's has a tiny mark under the date window so I got it real cheap but it matches the look I'm going for. I asked the seller about a dial and he happened to be able to source a dial from a 2006 sub so it was also a real stroke of luck.

Crown will eventually be added but the TC crown is good enough and I'm reluctant to attempt the mod myself, I just want to enjoy the watch a little before it goes back for more mods.

Thanks

Looks very sweet! A crown is very easy and very much better than tc's as it is too big. The gen crown fits straight onto the stem and tube for simple swap. Definitely worth completing a superb Franken that you have in my opinion!

---

I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?fdduok

Interesting, so will the gen crown fit straight onto the rep stem and rep tube?

If so I'll do it myself, I'm just not happy about altering stem lengths!

Looking at various pictures of TC's crown compared to a gen, I can't see any real difference. Personally, I wouldn't waste the time or money on it.

That's a good looking dial, and it looks like the version the rep factories must have copied when making the Noobmariner dial. "Rolex" is printed slightly bigger, and the "O" is slightly ovaled.

Anyway, great looking watch!