When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Old School DateJust Rep?

jacob_coulter

I'm having a hard time finding something like this:

datejust2.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

It's fairly generic, but I like the old school look of a DateJust, but have a hard time finding one from our "trusted" vendors. It seems most of the ones they offer are the more modern ones. Would like it also with a swiss ETA.

Thanks for the help, I appreciate it.

Yeh, I've never seen an 'engine turned bezel' on a rep either. That's probably a 20 year old watch and the rep makers are more up to date than that. Building a franken with a gen case and dial would be the only way to go, or keep an eye on the sales forums for one. You could probably buy a gen for $1500 or so if you're patient.

• 1 month later...

hi everyone

i'm building a franken with the same watch, i got the 1603 case, and the same pie-pan-dial, witch movement will fit the most? 2836-2?

i was thinking of buying a swiss fake datejust rolex like this one: http://www.watch88.com/ROLEX-DATEJUST-SS-SWISS-ETA-2836-2-GRAY-1634-36.html

what do you think?

thanks a lot for answers

hi everyone

i'm building a franken with the same watch, i got the 1603 case, and the same pie-pan-dial, witch movement will fit the most? 2836-2?

i was thinking of buying a swiss fake datejust rolex like this one: http://www.watch88.c...AY-1634-36.html

what do you think?

thanks a lot for answers

I just built one with a 1603 case. I used a 2824-2, worked perfectly.

datejust1.jpg

If you use a gen case you can use a 2824-2 not a 2836-2 The stem placement is to low on the 2836. I have built several of these watches over the years. Of course gen case and dial are a must. Today's overlay will work. Next is the bracelet, a gen is a must. Today's aftermarket bracelets are a touch to thick. You can build this watch for around $600. A lot, but it will be spot on. Good luck. Cas-Ker has the 2824-2 movement