When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

beware SCAMMER alert

Star69

the interesting fact :

i you sell with Paypal - the buyer uses the "gift" option and charges the money over his CC back -

you are [censored] ;)

Paypal via gift = no buyer AND seller protection. i did not know this before ....

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I hear ya guys, first I have known about it too ;)

I have always given the option, because of the saving by paying as gift I didn't know it could turn this sour, to be fair i won't be offering this option again either, like most of us I think, I see Paypal as the best option for payment as most people have an account and it gives some recourse if there is a problem for both parties, as soon as you mix people with money issues always follow :fool: the situation F finds himself in is the shits,as a great member and seller on this forum it sucks to see it happen to him, what about us all doing something to help, not sure what but any ideas are better than doing nothing at all?

Frank, were I in Cali, I'd try to help out in person, but alas, I'm 3000 miles away as well. That said, the issue may be complicated by the nature of the sale re 'homage' watches. I suggest sending the email string to Paypal (removing contraband references) and showing that you offered something, he refused, and then asked for more. He's admitting he would settle, and they may help you with that. I mean, it can't hurt to try, can it?

Paypal sucks electronically, but i called them a few times re other issues of similar concept. They charged back my gift paymen to thailand resident who refused to ship the watch i bought from him.

Trust me it changes things when youre speaking with a real person who could understand your issue. Be polite and try to express how upset you are about the incident.

Worth a shot.

there is light at the end of the tunnel -

buyer will send (hopefully) the watch back -

esp thanks to one awesome member who agreed to route the watch to me back over one custom friendly country !!!

thanks again - you know who you are :)

cheers,

Frank

Naaaa, its word against word. You have Frank half around the world emailing a campus police about a watch that is broken on delivery (SAYS buyer)!

The mail would probebly be in the trash can before even read!

Onely thing is to pressure paypal with options the buyer have! Paypal sucks huge horse [censored]'s when it comes to cases like this! I feel for Frank, but there is no way he is getting the money back without puting massive pressure on paypal!

Option 2 is fly over there and beat the [censored] out of him and fly back and forgett about it!

Frank it dosent look good at all.

Loooooove option 2! lmao

Frank:

After to read your last email, i am with you, all we can write is not important, if you can repair the watch will be nice, if not, never mind, and no problem. think i was very hard with you, but I felt really cheated, have you felt like me anytime?

Sorry

Santi

:snorkel: yeah it hit me really hard - an other broken watch :)

this is what i offered right away the to the buyer :

you ship the watch to Domenico - an trusted watchmaker in this forums - i will pay the repair.

you ship the watch back .- after my holly-day i get it fixed and send it back.

you order an brand new movement for $35 from Getat and i transfer you the money via bank wire.

or you sent the watch back and i transfer you the money back via bank wire.

i dont see anything wrong with it as i have really no Paypal and will def never use it again ;)

Guest zeleni kukuruz

@santi

Star's paypal is frozen at the moment (well i think it is), he cant do a [censored] with it. I guess for the next coming two weeks it will be like this maybe longer... So you just have ti wait until everything with the other dude is cleard.

And also think like you do, respect and trust should work both ways, saying that, i would also like my money back before i ship it back! This has also happen to me a few weeks ago and everything turnd out fine. I know it will work out for you also santi ;)

@santi

Star's paypal is frozen at the moment (well i think it is), he cant do a [censored] with it. I guess for the next coming two weeks it will be like this maybe longer... So you just have ti wait until everything with the ther dude is cleard.

Problem is resolved

Santi,

as you want to have this conversation in public ;

please calm down a little . its NOT really helping putting my real name here and send my countless PMs calling me all kind of other names.

the shipping took long - yes i send your watch with registered mail right away the next day you paid me - i sent you the tracking number - why i took 2 weeks - i can not say - yes im sorry you had to wait 2 week - but you live

on a little island at the other side of Europe - sometimes it evens takes 3 weeks when i get something from Italy which is about half the distance to you.

i replied to you within minutes after you wrote you got an defective watch - i know you don't believe me - but it was in perfect working condition when i shipped it - so it must have been shaken up a bit - even the extra strap that i included could

not protect it ;) - again im really sorry - things like this happen ...

my first thought was to ask you if you have an local watchmaker as this is an very basic movement an easy to fix - you agreed right away. Sadly your watchmaker could not fix it - so i sent you my other offers.

again im sorry but my Paypal is not only in minus but also they want all kind of documents from me - i told you that im off to holly-days next week too -

transferring money in the EU via bank wire is very fast too - i really can not see why you react like this. I offer all kind of help ....

thanks !

Frank